Python Forum
Proposing "Data Science" sub-forum (again)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposing "Data Science" sub-forum (again)
(Dec-23-2018, 12:52 AM)micseydel Wrote: I was thinking like snippsat, I expect that "data science" is more recognizable.

Well, five others have already weighed in against me, so I'll just stand aside. It is the recognizable buzz word these days.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Dec-22-2018, 11:37 PM)metulburr Wrote: I was going to populate it with old posts until i searched on the forum for just numpy alone; and returned 37 pages of threads. Cry That alone would not be hard as you can select all threads to move to a different subforum. However i would think you would have to look at each one to justify whether it really is suppose to be in there or whether someone just responded with the word "numpy". I have a lot of free time but that is probably the most boring mundane job ever.

I think batch moving threads showing up when searching for numpy/scipy/pandas/keras/etc. is not a bad idea, as long as they are from General Coding Help. Most folks will not manually browse General Coding Help history to find (or miss) what they are looking for. Threads will show up in Search results or suggested threads, regardless.
Besides, we already have threads in wrong subforums, and they will remain there all the same.
As someone interested in DS I would appreciate if existing topics on this subject from General Coding help could be removed to a new sub-forum. And besides, it doesn't look nice as empty!
ok i batch moved them. Everything containing the words numpy/scipy/pandas/kerasfrom general coding help has been moved to data science subforum. I need people to scan throuh these however and list out threads that are not supposed to be there. For example, someone responded with a solution of numpy but the thread does not utilize it, or someone just freezing their package that contains numpy, etc. Also are there any other libraries that i missed that are surely DS?
Recommended Tutorials:
TensorFlow
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Jupyter notebook is I think pretty data science-specific. Maybe not enough for a batch move (not sure how you did that btw, but nice!).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Science and Machine Learning sub-forum Beliavsky 17 11,177 Feb-11-2018, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Does the forum need a forum category ? Yoriz 4 6,293 Sep-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap