Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PuLP Tutorials
Hi all

guys I urgently require PuLP tutorials. Unless I am not searching the correct sources - as a newcomer to Python with the intent on upskilling as fast as reasonable possible(whilst similarly also testing Python as the preferred code to use for a new Optimisation team)- I have been looking for tutorials on PuLP. I am increasingly called upon to do a lot of Linear Problem solving ( Python was proposed as the best
Apart from one meaningful video on You tube , I have been unsuccessful to source others. Please direct me to PuLP tutorial ( video and otherwise) that can assist me. Also additional Python models I am not aware of , with a strong leaning towards LP.

Thanks
https://github.com/coin-or/pulp
https://pythonhosted.org/PuLP/main/the_o...ocess.html

I can't help any more than that, as this looks like unintelligible nonsense to non-mathematicians. The project description may as well read "PuLP is a thing that can generate orange flavored octopi for tastier sushi."
Thanks. digging into the " python hosted" site did however yield some positive results eg the beer Distribution, Blender and a few other PuLP problems . I would still like to have more You Tube videos on the topic ,but it is a decent starting point
Linear Programming, also sometimes called linear optimisation, involves maximising or minimising a linear objective function, subject to a set of linear inequality or equality constraints.

It has great applications in the field of operations management but can be used to solve a range of problems.

Leonard Kantrovich was awarded the 1975 Nobel Price in Economics for the optimal allocation of resources using linear programming.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [PyGame] Tutorials Compilation Knight18 0 992 Aug-21-2022, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Knight18
  [PyGame] Pygame Tutorials MK_CodingSpace 0 4,157 Jan-13-2021, 06:27 PM
Last Post: MK_CodingSpace
  Data Science Tutorials suyash401 0 3,269 Jun-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Last Post: suyash401