Python Forum
Accredited Online Course in OOP Python.. Please?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accredited Online Course in OOP Python.. Please?
I really hope (pray) that someone on here might know of an accredited OOP course in Python offered online at a reasonable price (approx. $200 - $500) ? 

Myself, along with several others in my class just found out yesterday that we've failed the course, and as a result, our entire college program!! I personally refuse to take it again with that same instructor (long story), nor do I wish to wait another year to graduate.

I haven't had luck with finding another Python course that aligns with the below program outline, so thought I'd try here. 

Any help/suggestions are very much appreciated!! 
Thanks

Course Outline / Requirements:

Description
This course introduces the student to the higher-level concepts of object-oriented programming. The
course covers introductory and advanced elements of object-oriented programming including
inheritance, interfaces, polymorphism, encapsulation, abstraction and aggregation. The methodology
of architecting an object-oriented programming solution aimed at solving a business problem is
discussed.

Course Outcome
Construct applications given a set of program specifications using advanced Object Oriented
Programming (OOP) principles.

Competencies
The following competencies will be achieved:
1. consider the nature of classes and how they can represent objects and their attributes;
2. use a unit test framework to test and validate class logic;
3. develop objects with appropriate properties, methods, and events;
4. implement event handling using event arguments and delegates;
5. apply polymorphic techniques using inheritance and interfaces;
6. implement polymorphic techniques using overrides, overloads and shadowing;
7. utilize techniques for class members to access and be accessed appropriately within a class structure that may include an inheritance structure;
8. employ access modifiers to define and limit exposure of class members;
9. consider the implications of the object life cycle.
Accredited... by whom?
Coursera gives graduation certificates to paying students. It often offers a sequence of 5 courses for below $400. I took Scala course (part 1) there - actually enjoyed it. Did not pay though, so I was not certified
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
(Apr-21-2017, 09:44 PM)volcano63 Wrote: Coursera gives graduation certificates to paying students. It often offers a sequence of 5 courses for below $400. I took Scala course (part 1) there - actually enjoyed it. Did not pay though, so I was not certified

I looked at some python courses on Coursera, but assumed they were similar to Udemy. I will check into it to see if their certification would compensate as credits. Thank you!

(Apr-21-2017, 08:37 PM)nilamo Wrote: Accredited... by whom?

I mean a course that provides me with transferable credits.
How about: https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-...6-00-1x-10

or

http://www.phoenix.edu/programs/continui...te-courses
(Apr-22-2017, 12:13 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: How about: https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-...6-00-1x-10

or

http://www.phoenix.edu/programs/continui...te-courses

YES!! The edx is perfect! And I especially love that I don't have to pay until after I pass (not that I intend to fail again haha!) I was starting to look at my options for Java, which would be entirely new learning curve. Thank you very much for finding this!
This looks interesting. OP - I see you have to pay for the certificate option ($49) to be eligible for the 3 credits.

Has anyone taken these types of classes?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Python Editors with Built-in Compilers Elon_Warner 0 649 Oct-04-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Elon_Warner
  Python Online Compiler alexmaxwell1 2 1,521 Sep-03-2023, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Do I have to download and install Python if I want to compile my code online? bld 2 2,098 Jul-26-2020, 09:57 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Learning Python - good free online resources & courses StickyBrickit 1 2,447 Jun-04-2020, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Interactive online python learning environment freely available kenttong 0 1,549 Jan-29-2020, 03:49 AM
Last Post: kenttong
  Python Challenge online - 30 Questions JulienC 1 2,839 Mar-02-2018, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  First Active Online Python Linter ethanchewy 4 116,677 Sep-19-2017, 03:58 AM
Last Post: ethanchewy