Python Forum
[PyQt] Beginning in Qt
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PyQt] Beginning in Qt
Hello people,

I recently started trying to code GUIs in Python. I already have prior expericence with the language, bit it is limited to console codes knowledge. Now, I did some research on my end. First of all, I already have a setup that I like. I am using PyQt 4 (Installed with Anaconda) and I use the Qt Designer to avoid dealing with the placement rubbish. I learned the basis of doing so with a tutorial on python for engineers named ''Your first GUI app with Python and PyQT'' which you can look up pretty easily.
(I have no clue how to prove I am not a spammer so I can't post links)

I am now looking into creating more complex applications than what is given out here. While I played around and understood how to work the Qt tool, I still have no clue how to create the code similar to what he refers to as his pyqt_squeleton.py file. Would any one of you know where I could find such info or have any insight concerning he subject?

I am currently using these tools to code:
-Python 2.7.12
-PyQT 4.11.4
-PyCharm 5.0.4 - Community Edition
to post links, be clever.  make it look not like a link, but close enough like a link that we find it easy and obvious how to restore it back to being the link it was.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
What I've learned from my recent experiences is that you should use Python 3.5 and PyQt5, in the end you will still be somehow forced to switch to them, better sooner than later.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [WxPython] the newbiest question since the beginning of time Klar 9 4,915 Dec-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Larz60+