Python Forum
[PyQt] QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[PyQt] QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
Hey again,

I'm using the PyLyrics module to show lyrics of songs in a QTextBrowser but sometimes instead of lyrics it shows a broken image picture in the browser along with the label "Instrumental" to its right side. This happens only on short melodies (at the start or end of an album, no singing, just guitars, etc for around 1-2 minutes). An example I can give is with the 'song' "Lyra" by Breaking Benjamin, also "Vega" and a few other such melodies. I get a text in the console which says "QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified" and it appears dozens of times as long as the melody file is running. I'm not sure if it's some error or warning or whatever as it literally only says "QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified" with no prefix or traceback. Is there any way to either fix the broken image part (catch it somehow and just print a nice text saying there's no lyrics for this 'song') or if not that at least to hide the console text which spams me every time such an .mp3 comes? I searched a bit but didn't find any relation to QTextBrowser.
This seems to be unfixable as it's not even my or Python's fault. It just so happens that some such themes have a note icon as their lyrics. http://lyrics.wikia.com/wiki/Breaking_Benjamin%3ALyra
And the QTextBrowser doesn't know what to do with an image so it spams the console.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tkinter] filedialog, open a file error liketocode 4 3,232 Dec-07-2022, 10:51 PM
Last Post: liketocode
  [Tkinter] How do I open a file and the plot it? HelixFossil 3 3,508 Apr-16-2020, 03:50 AM
Last Post: HelixFossil