Python Forum
Pycharm hanging issues
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pycharm hanging issues
I was wondering if anyone was having issues using Pycharm? I have downloaded Pycharm on 2 different computers - 1 being my laptop and the other being my desktop. I was originally experiencing Pycharm hanging on my laptop causing the program to temporarily freeze for extended periods at a time. I then went and downloaded it on a brand new desktop I have just received and experienced the same issue right away. I would load up Pycharm and start coding, randomly stopped to help my daughter with homework, and came back about a half later and try to pick up where I left off and the program would basically cause my whole computer to crash/freeze where it would take over a minute for any commands I pressed on the mouse or keyboard to be recognized. Is this an application issue or CPU issue?
Perhaps look at VS Code?
To learn more see: https://python-forum.io/Thread-VS-Code-f...ght=VSCode
I have not faced any of issues like that on PyCharm.
You could send a bug/issue report to JetBrains describing your issue, and they may provide you with a fix or some ideas at least.
Or you may follow advice by Larz60+, if you'd rather not bother with PyCharm anymore.
I'd go with 1st if I liked the IDE and wanted to give it a chance, and wth 2nd if I gave up on it and wanted to move to a new one.