Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pyforest
My question is simple. Does Pyforest really work? It seems to be something that is too good to be true. I am also confused when I read the instructions on it, yes it imports the libraries, but says nothing about versions of the libraries. It seems to skip over that fact.

I would like to use it, but if it is too faulty then I will skip it.

Respectfully,

LZ
Seems like an odd thing. It's not like importing is a particularly onerous task.
Importing is a particularly onerous task, particularly if you are unsure about what you need to import. I haven't used it, but I've seen it used in some tutorials. Import one thing and start typing Python code. For the intended audience who want to use analysis tools instead of learning how to use Python I see this being huge.

Now if I can just figure out how they do it and bend it to the packages my users are most likely to use.
I agree that importing packages is not too troublesome, but it can be. What you a in a new ML area that
you are unsure about. Say "deep learning". It could tell you about an obscure package that you failed to import.

But my main question is when it imports say numpy, what version is imported? I would assume the latest. But sometimes you need a package that is not the latest.

What happens then?

Respectfully,

LZ