Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python 3.6
i have upgraded from Ubuntu 16.04 LTS to Xubuntu 18.04 LTS. now i have Python 3.6.8.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
and?
Recommended Tutorials:
i am not stuck on 3.5.2 anymore.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Clap
Now can even run this code Wink
for i,word in enumerate('Not a moment too soon'.split(), 2):
    print(f'{word.upper():~^20}')
    print(3_0+i)
Output:
~~~~~~~~NOT~~~~~~~~~ 32 ~~~~~~~~~A~~~~~~~~~~ 33 ~~~~~~~MOMENT~~~~~~~ 34 ~~~~~~~~TOO~~~~~~~~~ 35 ~~~~~~~~SOON~~~~~~~~ 36
Python 3.6 was bye far the biggest Python 3 release,with 16 Python Enhancement Proposals.
There are two new PEP in code over,one may be easy,but can you spot both Think
(Jul-03-2019, 11:34 PM)Skaperen Wrote: i am not stuck on 3.5.2 anymore.
You still could of installed 3.6 on Ubuntu 16.04
Recommended Tutorials:
(Jul-04-2019, 03:26 AM)metulburr Wrote:
(Jul-03-2019, 11:34 PM)Skaperen Wrote: i am not stuck on 3.5.2 anymore.
You still could of installed 3.6 on Ubuntu 16.04
i could not find a 3.6 backport, and python environments don't do what what i want (to use it system-wide).

You can use the repository from deadsnakes.
This allows to install pre-compiled Python versions, which are not in the upstream.

How this works, is described here: https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-install...ntu-18-04/
You can install for example on Ubuntu 18.04 Python 2.3-2.6, 3.1-3.5, 3.7 and 3.8.
2.7 and 3.6 comes from Ubuntu upstream.
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!
3.8? is that out, already?

i compiled 3.7.3 but did not install it. too many (probably important) things were left out. so i might well have to use either Python environments and/or Linux containers. it also failed 1 of the 416 tests (argparse).