Python Forum
Python Code: (Double-click to select all)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python Code: (Double-click to select all)
... is not working on Firefox version 50.0.2.  i have not tried any earlier versions or anything else.

it does highlight all the code.  but even doing ^C (to copy highlighting) does not get this highlighting into the paste buffer. how can i make this work?  a "save as" feature here might be a usable alternative.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Works for me, also on FF 50.0.2.... If you are on Linux, AFAIK there are really two clipboards, so FF could put the data on one while your editor only looks at the other.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
And here is a test where everybody can test whether or not it works for them:

click me 
double
to
select all text

(Dec-15-2016, 05:00 AM)Skaperen Wrote: doing ^C (to copy highlighting) does not get this highlighting into the paste buffer. how can i make this work? 

Did you try via menu - edit - copy?
i would like to point out that if you accidentally triple click you have to restart by clicking off the codebox. By triple clicking you remove everything selected and unable to select all again, as well as lose the syntax highlighter for that codebox (which is a good indicator), until you click once off the box to reset. At that point you can start again.  

We at some point would like to add a link above the codebox that selects all for you and puts it in your buffer for you.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Dec-15-2016, 07:55 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Works for me, also on FF 50.0.2.... If you are on Linux, As far as I know there are really two clipboards, so FF could put the data on one while your editor only looks at the other.

yes, there are two buffers.  but ^C normally does the windows thing, copying the highlight buffer to the ready-to-paste buffer.  this works in other situations.  so it looks like, at least on linux, that it is just highlighting on the screen, and not putting the data in any buffer.

(Dec-15-2016, 01:16 PM)Kebap Wrote: And here is a test where everybody can test whether or not it works for them:

click me 
double
to
select all text

(Dec-15-2016, 05:00 AM)Skaperen Wrote: doing ^C (to copy highlighting) does not get this highlighting into the paste buffer. how can i make this work? 

Did you try via menu - edit - copy?

i just did try it and it fails.  i did notice the highlighting vanished when the menu came up, so there may be a bug in the linux/x version of firefox in that regard.  also when i tried to paste it pasted the word i was over when i did the double-click.

(Dec-15-2016, 01:22 PM)metulburr Wrote: i would like to point out that if you accidentally triple click you have to restart by clicking off the codebox. By triple clicking you remove everything selected and unable to select all again, as well as lose the syntax highlighter for that codebox (which is a good indicator), until you click once off the box to reset. At that point you can start again.  

We at some point would like to add a link above the codebox that selects all for you and puts it in your buffer for you.

i tried it several times, and they all failed.  so if it was a triple-click accident, it happen in all of these.

a link, and copying to the ready to paste buffer, would be nice.  another link to do save-as would be nice, too.  an alternative would be a small pop-up menu.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
(Dec-17-2016, 03:21 AM)Skaperen Wrote: so it looks like, at least on linux, that it is just highlighting on the screen, and not putting the data in any buffer.
Try using chrome and see if it works. Im on linux and i have no problem with chrome. To be honest though i dont have a problem with firefox either.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When I click on python forum. I get this. Windspar 11 5,656 Jun-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: metulburr