Python Forum
Python : I still don't get it
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python : I still don't get it
I have been at it now for about 5 weeks, I like Python it does seems like its easy to learn and maybe because I have a project(wav looper/sampler)and I have been trying to learn everything that relates to my project I am going about it wrong.

I still don't understand

(1)arguments
(2)modules
(3)strings
(4)punctuation like when to use underscores, periods, forward slashes ,backward slashes, and etc.

I have watched tutorials by Sendex, newbostonian both are great teachers by the way but they assume the student is already at a certain level.

Are there any tutorials I can watch they go even more basic or I guess I can focus on one of my points at a time and until it sticks in my head.

I just am amazed at you guys that get it !!!
I would start by studying the official python tutorial.
Be weary of sendex tutorials. Please read that link.

(Jan-30-2018, 11:26 AM)ZipSnipe Wrote: I have been at it now for about 5 weeks
Thats not long at all. So dont beat yourself up about it. It takes time....like years to be efficient. And even then you are always learning. It never stops.

(Jan-30-2018, 11:26 AM)ZipSnipe Wrote: Are there any tutorials I can watch they go even more basic or I guess I can focus on one of my points at a time and until it sticks in my head.
There are a lot of tutorials listed here that are all free
https://python-forum.io/Thread-A-List-of...-Resources
Recommended Tutorials:
Thanx Metal, going thru tutorials now, I guess it boils down to determination. I mean I guess I am not doing too bad. I have a sampler project that I started with zero code and zero knowledge and in 5 weeks I have developed the GUI, I have pads that I can play a sound albeit just one sound but I got it to play, so I know I am getting closer.

Just sucks when you get to a point and you look at it and say that can not be hard to do but then it is because I don't know the most basic parts of Python.

Off to acquire massive amounts of data until skull implodes!!!!