Python Forum
Python Launcher on my PC?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python Launcher on my PC?
How do I determine what software program is using Python Launcher on my Windows 7 Ultimate PC?
Quote:How do I determine what software program is using Python Launcher on my Windows 7 Ultimate PC?
Not sure what you're asking here.
If you want to know which version of python is being used, run following from command line:
python -V
if you just want to launch a script:
python myscript.py
I found python.exe on my computer and wondered what program installed it. I know the version of Python but not why it's on my computer and what program uses it.
If no program is using it then I will uninstall it.

I found python.exe on my computer and wondered what program installed it. I know the version of Python but not why it's on my computer and what program uses it.
If no program is using it then I will uninstall it.

User has been warned for this post. Reason: Creating new threads unnecessarily & Hijacked thread
??? I didn't Hijack this post...it's mine.
(Oct-18-2018, 10:21 PM)bigdawg Wrote: ??? I didn't Hijack this post...it's mine.
Yes, it's yours and that is why I moved [first part of] your post from other thread here.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Yea my bad. I thought I was posting to my thread but somehow it got posted to a different thread and I didn't know how to move it so I just reposted it here. Doh
Still would like to understand what software program on my PC uses Python. If it got downloaded by a software program that I installed without my knowledge, I need to know which software program it is so that I can determine if I can uninstall Python or not.
Any help is appreciated.
where do you find it, i.e. what is the path? It's possible that some program install its own python interpreter and in this case probably it will be in its own directory.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Look at Python 3.6/3.7 and pip installation under Windows | Part-2.
C:\Users\SSA\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32
Better to install at:
C:\Python37-32
Is your system 32 bit? if it's 64 you should use the 64 bit version of python.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python Launcher's list of recent files dvs1 0 2,468 Oct-18-2017, 11:50 PM
Last Post: dvs1