Python Forum
Python and installing extras
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python and installing extras
Hi

Me again, I think this is best place to ask, but if not, feel free to move to a more relevant forum...

I'm still trying the flask, seeing as its the server. I found a you tube video that explains a bit more than the response on the other thread, but then the second part uses mysql.
Now I have installed and ran mysql (it appears to be working) on my laptop.
But when I try to install the Flask-mysqldb / client / mysql, it always errors on the install and doesnt work.
I dont know if its because I iinstalled python to the c:\python instead of a default program files path, or if the installation is missing something else that is required (perhaps a variable in windows?). It is the second time I have had a problem trying to install an extra to the python core. Its frustrating.
Is there anything I can do? any checks or manually copy files to certain folders?
In the mean time I am going to experiment / practice using an import file and opening a text file until I can get the db connection working.

Thanks in advance

Vince
(Mar-20-2019, 10:13 AM)Ecniv Wrote: But when I try to install the Flask-mysqldb / client / mysql, it always errors on the install and doesnt work.
For Flask always use Flask-SQLAlchemy,it's updated an kind of standard for Flask database support.
Quote:I dont know if its because I installed python to the c:\python instead of a default program files path, or if the installation is missing something else that is required (perhaps a variable in windows?).
Look at this Python 3.6/3.7 and pip installation under Windows
Do a test of pip as shown there,if not work as shown follow installation.
The will eg pip install Flask-SQLAlchemy work.
c:\Python>python -m pip install Flask-SQLAlchemy
Requirement already satisfied: Flask-SQLAlchemy in c:\python\lib\site-packages (2.3.2)
Requirement already satisfied: Flask>=0.10 in c:\python\lib\site-packages (from Flask-SQLAlchemy) (1.0.2)
Requirement already satisfied: SQLAlchemy>=0.8.0 in c:\python\lib\site-packages (from Flask-SQLAlchemy) (1.3.1)
Requirement already satisfied: itsdangerous>=0.24 in c:\python\lib\site-packages (from Flask>=0.10->Flask-SQLAlchemy) (1.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: Jinja2>=2.10 in c:\python\lib\site-packages (from Flask>=0.10->Flask-SQLAlchemy) (2.10)
Requirement already satisfied: click>=5.1 in c:\python\lib\site-packages (from Flask>=0.10->Flask-SQLAlchemy) (7.0)
Requirement already satisfied: Werkzeug>=0.14 in c:\python\lib\site-packages (from Flask>=0.10->Flask-SQLAlchemy) (0.14.1)
Requirement already satisfied: MarkupSafe>=0.23 in c:\python\lib\site-packages (from Jinja2>=2.10->Flask>=0.10->Flask-SQLAlchemy) (1.1.1)
Rest is ok and already there.
Just when I try to pip install the