Python Forum
Python as an analysis tool
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python as an analysis tool
Good evening everyone,

I have asked a question like this recently but I'm getting more exposure to Python and a little more naively dangerous with my thoughts. My employer has been trying to get Python off the ground for data analysis and business trending however I don't really think they know what they're trying to accomplish with it. Frankly, I don't either so I want to get ahead of their thinking. Currently we use AWS S3 for a data lake (that is literally empty and not being utilized), AWS Redshift for a data warehouse that is being heavily utilized, and we're going to begin using AWS Glue as a replacement for Talend Studio Enterprise. Our "customer facing" tool is Power BI for reporting and analytics. So...where could Python fit into all of this? From my first glance it seems like Python would not be a good customer facing tool. But I don't know. To me, after screwing around with Pandas and Numpy a bit, it seems like these tools should be used more by the analysts and "data scientists" (let's face it, we don't have a REAL data scientist. How can I tell? We're in this conundrum) to leverage business processes and decision making from the data lake while the groomed and well structured data from our data warehouse and data marts should be the data presented in a nice aesthetically pleasing form using Power BI.

Am I on the right track? Anyone care to share how they are leveraging Python in their data environment?
I was almost 100% C and C++ for 20 + years until I started using python. Now python is all that I use. Our company is 100 % data aggregation, and I wouldn't think of using anything but python to do the data collection.
When it comes to presentation of the data, you can't top Flask in conjunction with Bootstrap, Jinja2, JavaScript and maybe a bit of Ajax to get the job done.

Someone asked me if Flask could handle web volume. I only had to point to Pinterest who's entire site is done using Python and Flask, and gets billions of hits per day.

Take a look at the toolbox: www.pypi.org 206,592 projects!
Gribouillis likes this post
Interesting, I didn't know that about Pinterest.
Power BI is a business intelligence and data visualization tool developed by Microsoft. It allows users to connect to various data sources, create interactive visualizations and reports, and share them with others.

Python, on the other hand, is a general-purpose programming language that is widely used for data analysis and manipulation. It has a large and active community of developers who have created a wide range of libraries and frameworks for data analysis and visualization.

Power BI and Python can be integrated in a few ways:

Power Query: Power Query allows users to write custom scripts in Python to perform data transformation and manipulation.

Python visuals: Power BI allows users to create custom visuals using Python.

Power BI REST API and Python: You can use the Power BI REST API to access the data and perform some operations and visualization on top of it using Python

Power BI Python SDK: Power BI also has its own Python library, powerbi-python, which can be used to programmatically manage and manipulate Power BI resources, such as datasets and reports.

Overall, Power BI and Python can be used together to create powerful data visualization and reporting solutions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python have a ide tool similar Vb6 IDE? sal21 1 2,076 Jan-30-2021, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  New AI tool to visualize Python code - testers needed FabianEggers 0 1,671 Feb-02-2020, 09:44 PM
Last Post: FabianEggers
  tool/program/script to translate bash to python Skaperen 4 3,672 Aug-15-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Python for Web Data analysis sumandas89 1 2,640 Nov-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Larz60+