Python Forum
Python installing as 32bit application on my 64bit system
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python installing as 32bit application on my 64bit system
Hello geeks, I am just confused why everytime I install python on my 64bit system, it is showing as a 32bit application.

Is there any issue with this or will the running of code be affected in any way?

Thank you for your support.
Do you install the 64-bit version of python?
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

I installed the latest python release from python.org official website. Shouldn't it install the 64bit python app for my system automatically?
what OS? For windows there are separate 32-bit and 64-bit installers available for download
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Windows 10
(Jun-06-2018, 02:05 PM)buran Wrote: For windows there are separate 32-bit and 64-bit installers available for download
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-365/
64-bit
Windows x86-64 embeddable zip file
Windows x86-64 executable installer
Windows x86-64 web-based installer

32-bit
Windows x86 embeddable zip file
Windows x86 executable installer
Windows x86 web-based installer
Also check https://python-forum.io/Thread-Basic-Par...er-Windows
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Thank you very much...I'll try this and reply soonest
It worked, thank you very much
(Jun-06-2018, 01:33 PM)abdulganiyy Wrote: Is there any issue with this or will the running of code be affected in any way?

Not direct. Windows and the most Linux distributions have 32 bit and 64 bit libraries installed.
I guess float have the double accuracy in 64 bit.

If you want to install extensions like numpy manually (the unofficial binary distribution), you've to chose the same architecture + supported Python Version.

If you go a deeper and want to use C libraries with ctypes or cffi, the Interpreter must have the same architecture (32/64 bit) to access this libraries.

For a beginner this does not matter.
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anaconda3 64bit - problem using a DATAQ Instruments D1110 dgardner54956 5 3,313 May-23-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post: buran
  Python - Database for Machine Learning application braveYug 2 2,755 Mar-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Shruti7109162