Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python learning strategy
This is more of a general strategy question, as far as learning python goes, rather than a specific request for help with questions.

[Image: CnjVGYM]

These were three questions on a previous year's exam paper, and I will be taking a similar one in 7 months time. I would like to become very strong with python in general, but particularly with regards to answering questions like these.

Can you give me a rough idea if these questions are on the harder or easier side of things, and what is the best strategy to learn as much as possible, to be as prepared as possible, for questions like these. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I don't have answers to these questions yet, and I am not strong enough to answer them yet, but hope that with a lot of hard work, I can get there. Any advice, thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thank you.
master the fundamentals, like Iterative Loop Statement, Boolean Logic, Statements Blocks, Conditional Statement and etc... then followed by various operations like

Operations on Generic Containers
Operations on Dictionaries
Operations on Sets
Operations on Lists
Operations on Strings

make your own cheatsheet like this one: SampleCheatSheet there are many out there. just google it. in real dev we all have this, cheatsheet for AsyncIO, Threadings, etc... then recipes or templates.

you can have your my own cheatsheet. don't just write without understanding it.
When learning to program, nothing beats programming. Find a programming puzzle site. There's lots of them, like r/daily_programmer or Project Euler. But find one that lets you see other people's solutions. Solve a problem and learn from that. Then see how other people solved the problem, and learn from that.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
Read the Homework forum here, and try to solve the programs that are being offered in other courses.

I typically start learning a new language by programming a BMI (body mass index) calculator. Not too difficult, but means I have to understand how to create a GUI, read two values from text boxes in the GUI and convert them to floats, respond to a button press, do the math (BMI = weight(kg)/(height(m)**2), and output the result. Then make it pretty.

Once I do that, I start looking for other projects, and you could look at the Homework posts to get ideas.
I have a similar thing where I write the same program in every new language I learn, but I write a program that can deal and call poker hands correctly.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
I also like to write the same program when using a new language. I will read those recommened tutorials first. My Python project at the moment is converting mysql scripts to SQLite syntax.
I cannot agree more with ichabood
nice game/puzzle site is https://checkio.org/
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving average strategy irina_shubina 2 1,744 Jul-31-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: paulyan
  strategy to troubleshoot what pyinstaller misses hammer 0 912 May-23-2022, 01:05 AM
Last Post: hammer
  Best strategy for creating .exe for windows hammer 4 1,453 Apr-05-2022, 12:47 AM
  Strategy on updating edits back to data table and object variables hammer 0 1,163 Dec-11-2021, 02:58 PM
  calculate daily return in percent in forex as to some strategy? alen 1 2,181 Mar-12-2021, 10:03 AM
Last Post: buran
  What is the strategy for working with class variables? AlekseyPython 3 2,947 Feb-24-2019, 05:34 AM
Last Post: AlekseyPython
  Python and strategy pattern tanc 5 3,331 Nov-30-2018, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  best parallelisation strategy on python simona 1 2,178 Apr-19-2018, 01:51 AM
Last Post: Larz60+