Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python newbie
I'm not sure the off topic board is the perfect place for my question, but. I want to learn Python if anyone can suggest a starting point I'd be glad to hear it.
two tutorials I rate very highly:
How to Think Like a Computer Scientist
and
Python 3 Tutorial
The best training is practice, try to find someone who would give you small tasks and you try to do various not difficult tasks. One guy wrote to me at the freelance site, and asked if I could teach him, help and give advice. At first, I didn’t want to agree, and then I decided to try it, now he is coding like crazy :)
Learn Python the Hard Way is a good resource. "The hard way" simply means practice.
(Dec-23-2019, 06:32 PM)stullis Wrote: Learn Python the Hard Way is a good resource. "The hard way" simply means practice.
Many of us here have a different opinion about it.

I'd recommend these.
And practice
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Quote:Learn Python the Hard Way is a good resource.
Not in my humble opinion.
Wow, lot of hate for the hard way. Would anyone like to elaborate?
(Dec-24-2019, 02:11 PM)stullis Wrote: Would anyone like to elaborate?
this was discussed on multiple occasions, just search LPTHW in the forum search bar
e.g.
https://python-forum.io/Thread-Learning-...with-LPTHW
https://python-forum.io/Thread-Should-Le...15#pid2715
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

When learning any programming language including python, the most important thing to keep in mind is that you need to practice what you learned. Programming is all about practicing yourself either you do it at home or in an institute. Whereas Python is easy to learn, with a simple syntax, unlike Java and C++ which has very complicated syntax. It is a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. Python is one of those rare languages which can claim to be both simple and powerful.
It doesn't matter that you learn python online or offline because you can easily learn it in both ways. Even learners with no programming knowledge can easily pick up the language.
If you are a beginner and want to learn from scratch, I would suggest researching some good online courses that will help you to start learning and as I said before practice is a must so keep practicing throughout the course. Once you start learning there is no turning back. The course you take will help you learn python from basic to advanced levels. You will see improvement in your skills over time.
If you want to start learning any programming skill then the trick is to be consistent for a long duration of time. This will help you in understanding the language in and out.

For Python start with basics their are a lot of websites which will teach you with easy examples some of them I'll mention below.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie to Python - Where to start lasek723 4 2,980 Sep-15-2020, 08:11 PM
Last Post: lasek723