Python Forum
Python to build desktop and mobile apps
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python to build desktop and mobile apps
Hello,
I'm very new to programming. I'm teaching myself through YouTube and some other courses. So one thing I'd like to do is learn how to develop mobile apps. Is there a difference in the code between desktop and mobile apps? Or is it basically the same, besides screen ratio, touch controls, etc.?

I'm currently using pycharm. Can the mobile apps be entirely developed and run there, or do I need to run it through another program?
You can (and should) write the code so that it will work with any size screen, mobile or wall size display.
Miguel Grinberg's Flask tutorial will show you how to do this and keep it elegant (and secure)
see: https://blog.miguelgrinberg.com/post/the...ello-world
I went through his upgrade of this tutorial, and thought it was very well done, the caveat is that the new edition has a small price tag of $39. (well worth it) I expect the original (which is free) is well done also.
you may look at Kivy, which is cross-platform GUI framework
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

I have never developed any app but I know that there is also BeeWare.

There are some presentations from recent PyCons:

Russell Keith-Magee - Building a cross-platform native app with BeeWare - PyCon 2018

Dan Yeaw - 5 Steps to Build Python Native GUI Widgets for BeeWare - PyCon 2019
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python coming to DroidScript (build native Android Apps) d_a_v_e 5 1,602 Feb-20-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: d_a_v_e
  Is Python Good for GUI Desktop Application? praveencqr 0 772 Dec-23-2022, 07:02 AM
Last Post: praveencqr
  python-3.10.0-amd64 build corrupt? lohphat 4 2,344 Nov-21-2021, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Axel_Erfurt
  When can we see good built-in libraries for mobile & gaming development SatyakiDe 6 2,864 Oct-16-2020, 02:33 AM
Last Post: SatyakiDe
  configuring python at build time Skaperen 2 1,871 Jul-03-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Resources for automated testing of Android apps using TestComplete? ackmondual 0 1,754 May-20-2019, 09:03 PM
Last Post: ackmondual
  Failed tkinter Compile In Custom 3.7.2 Build Using Custom Tcl/Tk Build gwc 0 2,565 Jan-25-2019, 01:56 PM
Last Post: gwc
  How does one get reproducible builds for apps on PyPI? arnavb 0 2,679 Sep-06-2018, 07:44 PM
Last Post: arnavb
  desktop environment in python Skaperen 3 4,932 Mar-09-2017, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Skaperen