Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python web framework
Hello everyone,

I am working on creating new web framework using python, but I don't exactly know where to start.

I read too many articles on the internet some of them talks about using wsgi or asgi, now what I understood is that I need web server like Nginx or apatchi but I also need something like wsgi to allow the web application to contact with the server.

Another problem I am still having is that I don't know how to run python files (.py) on the server, I don't even know if this is possible, for example : when the user enter this link : www.mysite.com/mylist a file name mylist.py should invoked and return html code to the browser.

Can any one guide me with this?
Thanks
(Jan-04-2020, 01:51 AM)Revenant Wrote: I am working on creating new web framework using python, but I don't exactly know where to start.
So, if you don't know where to start, you are not working on a framework yet. You are still in the intentions/planning phase.
If you don't know what you are doing, maybe creating a new framework is too ambitious and not in reach given your skills and python knowledge at the moment? I doubt someone here would guide you through the whole process.
If you insist though you may look at the source of several of many existing frameworks for guidance.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Jan-04-2020, 04:20 AM)buran Wrote: So, if you don't know where to start, you are not working on a framework yet. You are still in the intentions/planning phase.
If you don't know what you are doing, maybe creating a new framework is too ambitious and not in reach given your skills and python knowledge at the moment? I doubt someone here would guide you through the whole process.
If you insist though you may look at the source of several of many existing frameworks for guidance.

Thank you for the reply, I don't want guidance through the whole process that will be unrealistic, I need an advice to go to the right direction.

Originally, I am an ASP.NET web developer but I have a very cool idea about web developing but I decide to implement it with python because it's open source and widespread language

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biggest community Python Web framework Wido 2 2,266 Mar-29-2021, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Naheed
  Pytonik The python MVC framework pytonik 0 2,018 Jan-29-2020, 05:41 PM
Last Post: pytonik
  Application like simpler facebook wall in python framework seidman 1 3,274 Mar-11-2018, 05:07 PM
Last Post: wavic
  I'm asking about combining Vue.js and the Python framework. passion044 1 3,073 Mar-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Last Post: nilamo