Python Forum
Question in the twilight zone! What would you use if there was no python?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question in the twilight zone! What would you use if there was no python?
What language would you use if python did not exist?
I would probably still be writing in vbScript or Visual Basic, if I were still programming at all. I feel python gave me the confidence to write more complex programs and I would have grown bored of programming if it wasn't for python.
I'd probably still be coding Java. Thank Guido for Python.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
tbh Ruby.
But currently, I mostly do C# at work and C++ at home, and basically only do Python when I'm on these forums lol
I do Scala at work, but can't say I'm especially fond of it. I prefer Kotlin and am getting into Clojure too now.
I've been using Python since the very beginning of the language. At that time I was looking for a friendly scripting language and I started learning Perl. I would probably have spent a few years with Perl had there been no Python. These are prehistoric times and so many languages have appeared since then, it is very difficult to say where I would be now...
I would of been doing c++. Thank God for Python. Pray
Recommended Tutorials:
I use Scala at work, previously Java. My first two jobs I didn't find Python gigs and my third (current), I was looking for Scala, but I'm fortunate that I get to write Python on a regular basis as well (today, in fact).

When I use Python I miss pattern matching and when I use Scala I (sometimes) miss having a type system that trusted my judgment :(
Perl. Its my first cyber 'love' - but I need to expand my horizons a bit.

My perl scripts have become unmanageable in size and length and really need to be reformatted into a language with easily usable OOP cor functions (methods here). I am still learning, and like what I see.
I would continue to use c++ until now.