Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Quick Question
I have never used python before but I am trying to figure out how to follow this tutorial and don't understand anything, can you please help?
  1. #!!!!!!!!!RUN WITH PYTHON 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. #FIRST pip install beautifulsoup4 requests

3. #SECOND figure out your User Agent and replace user_agent with it

4. #THIRD replace BLOXSESSION and __cfduid with your BLOXSESSION and __cfduid

Do you have a question?
Hello and welcome to the forum!
If this tutorial got you lost then either it is not well writen, or you need to start with a more basic tutorial. Feel free to ask if there's something specific giving you headache =)
I would say, start with the first item. Install Python 3.  

LINUX
If you are running linux, you probably have Python v2 and Python v3 already installed, to test, type "python3" (w/o quotes) in a terminal window You should get information about Python, followed by 3 ">". Type "exit()" (w/o quotes) to return to the command prompt.

As for "pip", it may or may not be installed. To check, from a command terminal type"pip3 -V", if it's installed, you'll get the current version number (should be 9.0.0.1 at this time), if not you'll get an error.

If you need to install "pip", from a command terminal, type "python3 -m ensurepip". This will install pip, but you will need to upgrade it, so type "pip install --upgrade pip"

WINDOWS
If you are running Windows, download the correct version for your OS (i.e. 32 or 64 bit) from Python's website:
Download Python. Navigate to the location you downloaded the file to and double-click to install.  I would recommend you create a directory named "C:\Python35" and install it to that location. For all intents and purposes, you can accept all the "default" options, make sure you check the option to install the environmental variables and pip.  To test the installation, open a terminal window and type "python", you should see something similar to:

C:\>python
Python 3.5.2 (v3.5.2:4def2a2901a5, Jun 25 2016, 22:18:55) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>
As was mentioned, if you are just starting Python, the tutorial you have selected is most likely to advanced for you at this point and you should look for a beginners tutorial.

Have fun  Smile
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Oh and just a comment... if this is for purpose of cheating/cracking in Robus/Roblox, I don't approve of it, and probably rest of this community either. If it's not I apologize for suspicion :D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick question HespelerDad 3 3,014 Oct-18-2018, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Larz60+