Bottom Page

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading every post
(Mar-05-2019, 12:22 AM)metulburr Wrote: I also feel like then we would be constantly adjusting users in those groups.

How is that going to be different than sub-moderators? That's just a different kind of user group, right?
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures

but mods can enforce rules and fix posts. Also there would be only one or a few mods per sub forum, whereas user groups could include the entire user base adjusting.
Nice change of subject, there. Very smooth. Smile
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures

(Mar-03-2019, 03:28 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: I think expecting everyone to read everything is just going to lead to burn out. We would be better served by making sure someone is reading everything. That is, split up the areas among the core posters, and make sure each area has double/triple coverage, with extra on General Coding.
Your the one that led the change of subject towards reading posts requires splitting up area, AKA separate user groups or sub forum mods. If either discussion helps get every post read, then its not changing the subject, but fixing the issue.
(Mar-04-2019, 09:31 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: I was also thinking you could assign sub-forum mods without limiting global mod privileges.
I just came across this when doing something else in adminCP and you can do this. It doesnt change the mod privileges, but just states this person is moderating this sub forum. For example (for the time being) i put myself on game dev forum to show. And i put all mod and admins for gen coding help.

If you guys (mods and admins) want to we can make sure the main ones are covered. I assume we all read gen coding forum. I can tell you right now, i read everything in game dev. I read most if not all in web scraping. I usually stay away from homework and data science.
I think being able to tag things as answered would help, especially if mods could tag things (for users that might not look at responses until a month later). Being able to filter out things that still need help would be great.

I used to read everything, but there's just too many posts, and I have less time than I used to lol.
(Mar-19-2019, 08:13 PM)nilamo Wrote: I think being able to tag things as answered would help, especially if mods could tag things (for users that might not look at responses until a month later).
A simple solution would be prefix for [SOLVED] or [ANSWERED[ or whatever. That way both the OP and the mods could put it up. The plugin i believe only the OP can can label it solved.

Top Page

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Delete a post gehrenfeld 2 205 Jan-30-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: gehrenfeld
  how to post images franswa1 3 449 Dec-31-2018, 03:23 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  Where would I post this? KnellerWasHere 2 785 Jan-29-2018, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Mekire
  How to delete a post? heiner55 4 862 Nov-13-2017, 03:53 AM
Last Post: heiner55
  "Last post" - go to first new post Kebap 4 1,382 Apr-20-2017, 12:55 PM
  something went wrong in my post Skaperen 4 1,472 Mar-12-2017, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  where has your https gone? re-post GustavoWoltmann 3 1,316 Mar-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: buran
  Can't post because I am a spammer? brianwithnoy 7 1,807 Feb-20-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Reading privacy Ofnuts 3 1,435 Oct-21-2016, 02:50 PM