Python Forum
Reasons to choose Python over C++?
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reasons to choose Python over C++?
(Apr-26-2017, 05:08 PM)Larz60+ Wrote:
Quote:And there are lot of bugs in all compilers,i could not even run my helloworld cpp properly.
I used C++ for many years. I'm not sure I found a single bug during all that time.
Perhaps the problem was your code?
Or lack of knowledge on how to use the compiler.
No.by bugs i mean errors,
  The tutors about c++ on the web did not said about the C++ version of the tutor.I knows how to use the compilers.But the compilers were old.But i felt comfort with the recent compilers.i quit because of the hardness to grasp the knowledge from a complex lang like C++

(Apr-26-2017, 04:45 PM)metulburr Wrote: (10 hours ago)RandoomDude Wrote:
But there is not enough Beginner friendly tutors
Where are you looking? There are a lot if you google a speciifc activity.

We have our own tutorials
https://python-forum.io/Forum-Tutorials

and there references to other tutorials
https://python-forum.io/Thread-A-List-of...-Resources

If you have trouble finding a tutorial anywhere we take requests (though its at our own timeframe)
https://python-forum.io/Thread-Tutorial-Requests

i did not mean there is not beginner friendly tutors about python.i was talking about c++ 's tutor availability
Yes C and C++ are hard to grasp but were so rewarding.
I was first introduced to C at Bell Labs in New Jersey, in the early 80's
and used it up until just three years ago.

If I do any more embedded work, I'd probably do it in C.
(Apr-27-2017, 03:05 AM)RandoomDude Wrote: knowledge from complex a lang like C++

Sorry for the Typo
(Apr-26-2017, 05:08 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: I used C++ for many years. I'm not sure I found a single bug during all that time.
Perhaps the problem was your code?
Or lack of knowledge on how to use the compiler.
About a decade ago I've wasted a couple of hours Wall   trying to figure out a weird undocumented - then - parameter to String (I think it was traits?!). Of course, it was MS Studio  Doh. And no one around could help Cry .

But it was real pleasure to test and debug DLLs with Python snippets, loading them (DLLs) with ctypes. My colleagues used to write wrapper application in C++. Guess which was quicker Tongue ?!
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
Python is the only language that i had fun in learning.

Heart  for Python
(Apr-27-2017, 04:14 AM)RandoomDude Wrote: Python is the only language that i had fun in learning.

I have enjoyed this online Scala course immensely.

It was a good challenge, and it taught me a trick or two. I probably will never write Scala, but it felt good to be challenged.

There are challenges in Python too, you know
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
(Apr-26-2017, 04:32 PM)RandoomDude Wrote: But C++ is complex and it has multiple types of functions and headers.its not easy to remember them all.

All languages have reasonably large standard libraries, Python included. It just isn't necessary to try and remember all the things - you can look things up in the standard library reference for the language. The things you end up using most frequently will stick in your brain.
(Apr-27-2017, 05:02 AM)volcano63 Wrote: I have enjoyed this online Scala course immensely.
There is a Programming language named scala?
this lang,is that OOP?
Scala is a language that compiles to Java bytecode (and hence runs anywhere Java runs, since it will run on the Java Virtual Machine). It supports object oriented programming, but is also quite heavy on functional programming.
(Apr-27-2017, 05:48 AM)ndc85430 Wrote: is also quite heavy on functional programming
If it contains heavy functional programming,i suppose that ,it will turn off your fun.

(Apr-27-2017, 03:17 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: C and C++ are hard to grasp but were so rewarding.
"Were"?
C is not that rewarding for a hobbyist,but it is for a pro programmer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mac os choose file name howard687 1 1,858 Jan-05-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Loop with choose Irv1n 5 3,223 Sep-16-2021, 09:31 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Choose an element from multidimensional array quest_ 2 2,620 Nov-25-2020, 12:59 AM
Last Post: quest_
  Need help implmenting if/else or case statements for option to choose file format. samlee916 1 2,003 Jul-22-2020, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Choose your own adventure game noahc2004 2 2,571 Jun-26-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post: DPaul
  Please help a newbie choose which programming language to learn. yeto 2 3,490 Feb-25-2019, 12:56 AM
Last Post: yeto
  User Input to Choose from Dictionary anelliaf 9 25,752 Mar-27-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: anelliaf
  Need a little more help in a Choose Your Own Adventure Program Goldberg291 13 18,472 Jan-31-2017, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Ofnuts