Python Forum
Reasons to choose Python over C++?
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reasons to choose Python over C++?
I must admit I'm a bithead, I liked learning every language I ever used, even Lisp
(Apr-27-2017, 02:39 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: I must admit I'm a bithead, I liked learning every language I ever used, even Lisp
I hope you've never used this abomination called Tcl Evil
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
(Apr-27-2017, 05:51 AM)RandoomDude Wrote:
(Apr-27-2017, 05:48 AM)ndc85430 Wrote: is also quite heavy on functional programming
If it contains heavy functional programming,i suppose that ,it will turn off your fun.
When I originally wrote Scala, I did not really use FP. I wouldn't count that against it at all. (I like Scala, though I still write Python by default.)
(Apr-27-2017, 03:11 PM)micseydel Wrote:
(Apr-27-2017, 05:51 AM)RandoomDude Wrote: If it contains heavy functional programming,i suppose that ,it will turn off your fun.
When I originally wrote Scala, I did not really use FP. I wouldn't count that against it at all. (I like Scala, though I still write Python by default.)
Actually, FP is the fun part - at least in the learning process. Java components suck Hand
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
(Apr-27-2017, 05:51 AM)RandoomDude Wrote:
(Apr-27-2017, 03:17 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: C and C++ are hard to grasp but were so rewarding.
"Were"?
C is not that rewarding for a hobbyist,but it is for a pro programmer

That depends entirely on what it is, you personally, find rewarding. Maybe successfully managing memory, or writing interfaces to connect multiple unrelated languages together, or writing an app that runs on your car's stereo are what makes you happy.
(Apr-26-2017, 04:32 PM)RandoomDude Wrote: Thanks Nilamo
 you are so helpful.

But C++ is complex and it has multiple types of functions and headers.its not easy to remember them all.
 I was trying to study it for the past  1 month.i could not learn much.And there are lot of bugs in all compilers,i could not even run my helloworld cpp properly.
 So i moved on to python,its easy
 But there is not enough Beginner friendly tutors

Plenty of modules in Python as well.

There are no bugs in C++ compilers that a beginner will encounter with a mere HellowWorld.cpp. If it doesn't work, the problem is on your end. And this remains true until you reach a very expert level.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
I can use Python directly and get what I want. Modules, modules, modules. For everything. I don't have to find the hot water by myself. The community. No other like this.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
One of my favorite, was Forth. It was an excellent language for instrumentation,
we built several spectrometers using Forth. It's demise I believe had to do with
the 'expandable compiler' which, used without discipline made too many versions
of the language, and the fact that it was hard to read if you had no experience
example:
: -FITS? linecount @ +  RMARGIN > ;
: SPACE' linecount @ IF  SPACE  1 linecount +!  THEN ;
: CR'    CR  0 linecount ! ;

: .WORD ( addr1 #chars1 -- addr2 #chars2 )
    BL Split-At-Char
    DUP 1+ ( space!) -FITS? IF  CR'  THEN
    SPACE' TYPE' ;
Which makes perfect sense if you owned an HP calculator.
Dear Larz60+ ,
How can i report a bug?
You report a bug by PMing a mod/admin and reporting it.  You don't report it by PMing every mod/admin and asking for a reward.  You were given a temp ban for your current behavior.  Do not just create a new account or you will be given a permanent IP ban.

Also, considering you thought your C compiler had a "bug" because you couldn't compile 'hello world' makes me skeptical about what you would and wouldn't call a bug.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mac os choose file name howard687 1 1,866 Jan-05-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Loop with choose Irv1n 5 3,237 Sep-16-2021, 09:31 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Choose an element from multidimensional array quest_ 2 2,644 Nov-25-2020, 12:59 AM
Last Post: quest_
  Need help implmenting if/else or case statements for option to choose file format. samlee916 1 2,016 Jul-22-2020, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Choose your own adventure game noahc2004 2 2,581 Jun-26-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post: DPaul
  Please help a newbie choose which programming language to learn. yeto 2 3,500 Feb-25-2019, 12:56 AM
Last Post: yeto
  User Input to Choose from Dictionary anelliaf 9 25,803 Mar-27-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: anelliaf
  Need a little more help in a Choose Your Own Adventure Program Goldberg291 13 18,513 Jan-31-2017, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Ofnuts