Python Forum
Using Python to read and analyze flow cytometry data files
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Using Python to read and analyze flow cytometry data files

Has anyone ever used Python to read and analyze flow cytometry data files? If so, would you be willing to share the program or script? If not, it might be an interesting project for a student. The file data structure is standardized, and descriptions of the data file standard are readily available. Thanks...dtm, email: [email protected]
there are plenty of packages available
https://pypi.org/search/?q=Flow+Cytometry
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

I maintain several Python libraries for interacting with flow cytometry data (FCS files):
  • FlowIO: For reading/writing FCS data. Meant for low-level interaction with zero dependencies on other libraries.
  • FlowUtils: For basic flow cytometry operations, including compensation and transformation (with support for the logicle transform)
  • FlowKit: A Python toolkit for flow cytometry analysis and visualization, including GatingML 2.0 support.

FlowKit is the most recent addition, and probably the most useful. All of these are based off of the original FCM library.
Honestly, I haven't even heard of it, but this is awesome!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can and I read and write css files SheeppOSU 2 2,321 May-04-2020, 11:56 PM
Last Post: SheeppOSU
  Python project/code like Microsoft Flow Jeff900 3 2,514 Apr-24-2020, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Jeff900
  Coding Work Flow Davy_Jones_XIV 4 2,529 Dec-17-2019, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Davy_Jones_XIV