Python Forum
Recovering lost source code when the code is running in memory
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovering lost source code when the code is running in memory
(Apr-13-2017, 07:20 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: I would agree you, but only to an extent.
When I work on my car, I don't first try and re-invent the lift.

The lift has worked well for what is does for many years.
That's not to say that is shouldn't be improved.

After 50 years of professional programming, I must say that I have seen
a lot of wasted time spent on attempting to re-write applications that are already
extremely good, instead of placing the effort on those that really need to be re-written.
Yes, lots of wasted time on applications that are already very good (windows8, 8.1), but there has also been lots of wasted time on application that were a fresh start as well. For me, a critical view of what we have and use and how we use it is very important. I feel it constantly moves progress. Like when steve wozniak looked at a mainframe computer and thought it would be better if everyone had their own computer instead. Plenty of people have wasted time on projects that just fade away or never come to fruition, but if we stop improving our tools themselves we will reach a point where you cant improve the product you make. Screwdriver-drill, A(PL)-B-C-C# and C++. This list could go on forever.

Man it's nice that there are still places on the internet where you can have an intelligent discussion.
Woz wasn't the inventer of the first personal computer. We had the altair 8080 and imsi along with George Morrow's
thinker toy (which was based on the Rcockwell 6502, the same computer used in the first apple).
I know, because I was part of the group. You can read my early articles in Kilobaud magazine.

I am not trying to diminish their accomplishment because it was great. But history needs to be correct.
(Apr-14-2017, 12:11 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: Woz wasn't the inventer of the first personal computer. We had the altair 8080 and imsi along with George Morrow's thinker toy (which was based on the Rcockwell 6502, the same computer used in the first apple). I know, because I was part of the group. You can read my early articles in Kilobaud magazine. I am not trying to diminish their accomplishment because it was great. But history needs to be correct.
Good to know. It's incredible to be part of history like that. So you have really coded in almost everything, basic, maybe some fortran, a b or c. It makes me wonder what kinds of projects you have done in the rest of your life.
Here's a tidbit https://python-forum.io/Thread-New-Users...61#pid7461
mostly, I worked in spectra-chemical engineering and telecommunications.
But I got older and wiser and graduated to a sloth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Convert Python code to MATLAB code bitoded 4 4,961 Dec-30-2022, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  looking for code that substitues parts of python code Skaperen 0 1,192 Jul-07-2022, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  compiling but not running source code Skaperen 1 1,339 Jun-05-2022, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  running produced python code Skaperen 6 1,914 Dec-25-2021, 05:52 PM
  code running after tracebacks Skaperen 0 1,259 Oct-03-2021, 12:09 AM
  empty lines in source code Skaperen 6 3,012 Jun-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  Running three-year old python code ErnestTBass 4 2,522 Jun-19-2020, 02:46 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  visual studio code python how to get source code of import module definitian umen 2 3,944 Jun-13-2020, 06:20 PM
Last Post: umen
  Code Runner In VS-Code - Problem With User Input adt 5 9,702 Sep-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Last Post: adt
  Where can I get information about internal logic of source code Python? AlekseyPython 1 2,527 Dec-17-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: siripriya