Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding building a website
any updates by experts?
experts ,could you please advise soon?

Thanks much...
I have no other advice than what i have already given,so it dos not help to PM me.
(May-16-2020, 11:07 AM)snippsat Wrote: A advice is to have more realistic goal,a first step should use that time learning the basic of Python and web-development.
Make smaller project like small basic web-sites/app,most also learn the basic of HTML/CSS and some JavaScript if want to do web-development.
As we use quite some time in Thread,just so you got Django installed and running in a virtual environment.
Then the next step should be doing some Django tutorials.
Flask is also good for learning web-development as it's close to HTML/CSS with little overhead,it's like the modern way of doing CGI(which now is dead) in Python.

Regarding building forum software so do i think that's way to early to even consider,it dos not help that break it down in smaller pieces as you talk about.
So there is no more advice anyone can give to you,have to start learning this stuff if want to build anything small or large.
If want to try build forum software,then it's all up to you no one is stopping you Wink
I don't think our OP can even solve much simpler programming problems (e.g. this), so I don't know how they would manage trying to build a web app.
I think you must started reading "Python Crash Course" book before starting with anything. You need basic skill polished before you can do anything in python. Id you still asking how to instal python and Django, you still have a way long down the street. Means that your basic skill next to none. So you can start by reading some book about python.
To develop a website from scratch using Python, the developer has to be familiar with various web frameworks such as Django, Grok, WebPy, TurboGears, WebApp2, and Pyramid, and Flask. If you happen to know these frameworks, here are the steps to create a Python website:
Step1: Create an empty file and save it with a .pyextension before running it.
Here is the code from Flask framework:
from flask importFlask
app=Flask(__name__)
@app.route(‘/’)
def home():
return“Website content goes here.
” if __name__ ==’__main__’:
app.run(debug=True)
This code will transform into a web application prototype created using python.
Step 2: Running the Code
● Visit localhost:5000 to experience the first look of your website (it will appear plain as it doesn’t have any content).
● Then you will employ Python functions to return an output to the source URL.
Step 3: Render Templates
● Create a home.html file inside the ‘Templates’ folder. (Remember to create this folder at the same directory level as that of your Python file)
● Here is the code for rendering templates.
from flask importFlask,
render_template app=Flask(__name__)
@app.route(‘/’)
def home():
return render_template(“home.html”)
if __name__ ==’__main__’:
app.run(debug=True)

For functional guidance here are some useful tips:
● It would be better if you run your website in a virtual environment.
● To create a virtual environment, you can use the virtualenv library:
pip install virtualenvpython-m venvfoldername

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get this function using Django in building a website? py2exe 0 2,444 Jul-25-2018, 09:56 AM
Last Post: py2exe