Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding building a website
(Mar-29-2020, 06:53 PM)snippsat Wrote: python is not in Windows path look at Python 3.8 (3.6-3.7) and pip installation under Windows
And you don't need virtualenvwrapper-win,Python come with virtual environment venv build in.
# Make 
C:\code>python -m venv django_env

# Cd in
C:\code>cd django_env

# Activate see (django_env)
C:\code\django_env>C:\code\django_env\Scripts\Activate

# Install
(django_env) C:\code\django_env>pip install django

Collecting django 
Successfully installed django-3.0.4

(django_env) C:\code\django_env>

actually what do i need to do after selecting this code where do i need to paste it so that django could be installed on my system?

it's strange though i have installed python on my system but can't see it's version yet.
also is there anty way using python idle 3.8 64 bit version i could install django?
(Mar-30-2020, 09:33 AM)jk91 Wrote:
(Mar-29-2020, 06:53 PM)snippsat Wrote: python is not in Windows path look at Python 3.8 (3.6-3.7) and pip installation under Windows
And you don't need virtualenvwrapper-win,Python come with virtual environment venv build in.
# Make 
C:\code>python -m venv django_env

# Cd in
C:\code>cd django_env

# Activate see (django_env)
C:\code\django_env>C:\code\django_env\Scripts\Activate

# Install
(django_env) C:\code\django_env>pip install django

Collecting django 
Successfully installed django-3.0.4

(django_env) C:\code\django_env>

actually what do i need to do after selecting this code where do i need to paste it so that django could be installed on my system?

it's strange though i have installed python on my system but can't see it's version yet.
also is there anty way using python idle 3.8 64 bit version i could install django?

did you mean to say should i execute these commands from cmd prompt one after another irespective of location of python on my computer?

Thanks
any updates by experts here please?

Thanks

it is very unfortunate despite i have a very new 3.8 64 bit python installed but still unable to instal Django.Could any Django expert please help regarding the same?

Thanks
(Mar-30-2020, 11:25 AM)jk91 Wrote: did you mean to say should i execute these commands from cmd prompt one after another irespective of location of python on my computer?
Yes you can choose what folder you want,and you most read link that i posted.
The first step is that python and pip command most work form anywhere in cmd/PowerShell or cmder i use.

If use 3.8 just the same,but then it point to 3.8.
# Test python
C:\
λ python -V
Python 3.7.3

# Test pip
C:\
λ pip -V
pip 20.0.2 from c:\python37\lib\site-packages\pip (python 3.7)
When this work can make a virtual environment from any folder you want.
# Make
E:\div_code
λ python -m venv web_env

# Cd in
E:\div_code
λ cd web_env\

# Activate
E:\div_code\web_env
λ E:\div_code\web_env\Scripts\activate

# Install django
(web_env) E:\div_code\web_env
λ pip install django
Collecting django
Successfully installed asgiref-3.2.7 django-3.0.4 pytz-2019.3 sqlparse-0.3.1

# Test that it works
λ python
Python 3.7.3 (v3.7.3:ef4ec6ed12, Mar 25 2019, 21:26:53) [MSC v.1916 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import django
>>>
>>> django.__version__
'3.0.4'
>>> exit()
When i open CMD prompt and type python nothing happens same when i type python -V

then get error that" pip is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."
You most read better in link that i have posted.
There are two option in link reinstall with Add Python 3.8 to PATH mark on.
Restart Pc,them test python and pip again.

Read Fixing Path if needed in link,to fix and exiting installation.
Also in Environment Variables Path.
Point to your installation path 3.7 or 3.8 just the same.
[Image: GUgLry.jpg]
Restart Pc,then test python and pip again.
but why are you advising to reinstall it where as it seems to be installed perfectly please refer attached screen shot for the same.

(Mar-30-2020, 06:48 PM)jk91 Wrote: but why are you advising to reinstall it where as it seems to be installed perfectly please refer attached screen shot for the same.

screen shots attached.

(Mar-30-2020, 06:48 PM)jk91 Wrote: but why are you advising to reinstall it where as it seems to be installed perfectly please refer attached screen shot for the same.

screen shots attached.

python version screenshot from IDLE.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Because that's one easy option to fix what you didn't do first time installing Add Python 3.8 to PATH mark on.

If not re-install then fix Path as image that i posted.
In your first image it's under System Variables Then Path and edit button.
Now you point to Python path on disk as image i posted.

(Mar-30-2020, 06:48 PM)jk91 Wrote: python version screenshot from IDLE.
You shall do this from IDLE Doh
Only from command line(cmd).
Introduction to the Windows Command Prompt
When you start cmd then you test this:
# Test pip
C:\>pip -V
pip 19.2.3 from c:\python38\lib\site-packages\pip (python 3.8) 

# Test Python
C:\>python -V
python 3.8
any updates by experts please?

(Mar-31-2020, 08:32 AM)jk91 Wrote: any updates by experts please?

please see the location of F drive where i have installed python and env. variables path so could you please exactly tell me what exact changes should i make in this path so that pycharm and other java sooftware should not get disturbed because of this python.

Thanks

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

please see the location of F drive where i have installed python and env. variables path so could you please exactly tell me what exact changes should i make in this path so that pycharm and other java sooftware should not get disturbed because of this python.

Thanks

Hope updated screen shots attached here will help to understand experts why still i am unable to configure python successfully where as i have given same location where my exe file is located as shown in screen shot in f drive path also please find relevent screen shots attached here for more clarification.so could someone please let me know whta is wrong now why i am still ubnable to see python version when i type command puthon on command prompt CMD.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get this function using Django in building a website? py2exe 0 2,416 Jul-25-2018, 09:56 AM
Last Post: py2exe