Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding building a website
(Mar-31-2020, 10:47 AM)jk91 Wrote: any updates by experts please?
I almost give up Undecided

I your last picture Edit Environment Variable --> Click New two time adding these two lines.
Now add:
Output:
C:\Python\executable python file\ C:\Python\executable python file\Scripts\
Restart pc:
Then start cmd from anywhere and test:
# Test pip
C:\>pip -V
pip 19.2.3 from c:\python38\lib\site-packages\pip (python 3.8) 

# Test Python
C:\>python -V
python 3.8
If this not work start from scratch remove Python and follow Python 3.8 (3.6-3.7) and pip installation under Windows
It work as a lot people have used this instruction and it take like 5-min to do.
(Mar-31-2020, 10:47 AM)jk91 Wrote:
(Mar-31-2020, 08:32 AM)jk91 Wrote: any updates by experts please?

please see the location of F drive where i have installed python and env. variables path so could you please exactly tell me what exact changes should i make in this path so that pycharm and other java sooftware should not get disturbed because of this python.

Thanks

Hope updated screen shots attached here will help to understand experts why still i am unable to configure python successfully where as i have given same location where my exe file is located as shown in screen shot in f drive path also please find relevent screen shots attached here for more clarification.so could someone please let me know whta is wrong now why i am still ubnable to see python version when i type command puthon on command prompt CMD.
please see when i am trying o execute python -V command what error i am getting is attached in this screen shot where as i have customize it's installation location in my F drive Python folder and to it's subfolder called executable python file whose screen shot i had attached in previous post.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Is there any Python expert who could advise on the same please?

Thanks
Did you read my last post and try what i posted there,also add your path that i got from looking at your images?
Why not do a quick reinstall,if you can not manage to fix Path manually.
(Mar-31-2020, 03:09 PM)jk91 Wrote: Is there any Python expert who could advise on the same please?
Sure i am finish with Thread now,so if someone else will take over feel free to do that Dodgy
(Mar-31-2020, 11:38 AM)snippsat Wrote:
(Mar-31-2020, 10:47 AM)jk91 Wrote: any updates by experts please?
I almost give up Undecided

I your last picture Edit Environment Variable --> Click New two time adding these two lines.
Now add:
Output:
Restart pc:
# Test pip

# Test Python
python 3.8
If this not work start from scratch remove Python and follow Python 3.8 (3.6-3.7) and pip installation under Windows
It work as a lot people have used this instruction and it take like 5-min to do.

actually it seems to be working just after adding one PYTHON_HOME system variable with value 'F:\Python\executable python file\Scripts' as shown in attached screen shot,also please refer attached screen shot for the results of above two pip & python version commands ,now i think it got installed successfully.

So similarly how can i install Django now if all is set to go for Django now?

Thanks

(Mar-31-2020, 06:53 PM)jk91 Wrote:
(Mar-31-2020, 11:38 AM)snippsat Wrote: I almost give up Undecided

Now add:
Output:
Restart pc:
# Test pip

# Test Python
python 3.8

actually it seems to be working just after adding one PYTHON_HOME system variable with value 'F:\Python\executable python file\Scripts' as shown in attached screen shot,also please refer attached screen shot for the results of above two pip & python version commands ,now i think it got installed successfully.

So similarly how can i install Django now if all is set to go for Django now?

Thanks

(Mar-31-2020, 10:47 AM)jk91 Wrote:

please see the location of F drive where i have installed python and env. variables path so could you please exactly tell me what exact changes should i make in this path so that pycharm and other java sooftware should not get disturbed because of this python.

Thanks

Hope updated screen shots attached here will help to understand experts why still i am unable to configure python successfully where as i have given same location where my exe file is located as shown in screen shot in f drive path also please find relevent screen shots attached here for more clarification.so could someone please let me know whta is wrong now why i am still ubnable to see python version when i type command puthon on command prompt CMD.
Please ignore my this post as just checked carefully and found Django installation instructions as guided by experts here thanks so much..

please refer attached screen shot just attaching for telling i have been able to install it successfully. Now could you please advise how can i start doing web developement using this Django as per my problem stated earlier.

Thanks much..

screen shot for Django installation along with python and pip versions.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

(Mar-31-2020, 10:47 AM)jk91 Wrote: Now could you please advise how can i start doing web developement using this Django as per my problem stated earlier.

You need to learn the relevant things (as I advised earlier in this thread) and once you have, work out how to use them to build your application. Again, people aren't going to hand hold you all the way. When you're programming, you need to learn things and then break the problem (in this case the problem is "building a web application") into smaller, manageable pieces. Then, you try and solve those smaller problems, breaking them down further as necessary. You use the things you've learnt to help you solve them. If you're really unable to do that, I'm afraid you're going to be quite stuck as a programmer.

Also, why do you quote several previous posts in full in each of your replies? It seems unnecessary.
ok,thanks.

But I am undecided upon the language as of yet and will expect to convince me of the best approach/language. Obviously it will be in either Java, HTML, possibly Python.

So can we resolve all the points of this problem with these either Java, HTML, possibly Python.
Will Python be the best here as I have installed Django as well now to resolve all points of this problem as stated earlier in this thread like:-

How can we build a website that could cover below points;

1) Provides para/legal services.

2) Should be able to take and/or handle email/other enquiries, and also allow men to receive assistance via chat services one they are authorized and verified.

3) Allows users to select various forms (packaged as plans or offers) of offered services.

4) Possibly manage transactions?

5) Manage chat services.

6) Make chat service and/or other appointments.

7) Possibly host a forum that can easily be taken offline when required.

8) can we build it using python with basic web development - I am undecided upon the language as of yet and unsure of the best approach/language. Obviously it will be in either Java, HTML, possibly Python.

Thanks.
Choosing a language is often about what you're familiar with. I thought you'd already committed to doing this in Python.

As for the rest of your post, I refer you back to my previous answer. You seem to not actually take the time to read through things and try them out. You need to go and do that, rather than the pattern in your threads which seems to be: ask question, get reply, ignore reply (or ask for hand holding), repeat.
Ok,I am planning this in Python so experts kindly advise:-

1)How long would it take to develop/implement the website and forum.

2) What type of forum would you recommend in the 1st instance? COS, such V-Bulletin or something else?

Thanks much..
1. I don't think anyone knows how long it will take you to do the work. You need to estimate that for yourself.

2. Again, what have you researched based on your needs?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get this function using Django in building a website? py2exe 0 2,445 Jul-25-2018, 09:56 AM
Last Post: py2exe