Python Forum
Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"?
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"?
There is a thumbs up entitled "like" right next to the edit button on each post. You cant do it to your own posts. Nor can you rate your own posts.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-03-2016, 11:29 AM)metulburr Wrote: There is a thumbs up entitled "like" right next to the edit button on each post. You cant do it to your own posts. Nor can you rate your own posts.

Frankly I don't see it, but it could be due to browser extensions/add-ons...
I have:
Email, PM, Find, Rate, Quote, Multi-Quote, Report
Hmm...apparently this is only shown to admins/mods. Im not sure why because i never set it that way. Ill check into it
Recommended Tutorials:
Quote:Frankly I don't see it
This should now be fixed. Any user with 5 posts or more will be able to like posts. You should also have the rep button too.

@[j.crater]
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-03-2016, 03:53 PM)metulburr Wrote:
Quote:Frankly I don't see it
This should now be fixed. Any user with 5 posts or more will be able to like posts. You should also have the rep button too.

@[j.crater]

Works like a charm, thank you
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Indeed it works perfectly, thanks!
How to dislike a post
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Sep-16-2016, 08:34 PM)metulburr Wrote:
Quote:do you really want us regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"?

I believe "regular users" could create polls in the old forum if i am not mistaken. And if people start abusing them constantly, im sure we would remove it. 

Quote:How does the users reputation work and is it active?

You will see a thumbs up button. This will allow you to add/remove rep from a user. The idea is that just because a user has a lot of posts does not make them more educated in the matter. And vice versa. Where rep is given to them by other users based on the content of their posts.
i see it.  but there is no thumbs down button :cool:
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
No, we do not offer a thumbs down button for disliking posts.

In cases like that you may hit reply and explain reasons why you have a different opinion. That would further the discussion.
(Oct-04-2016, 09:05 AM)Kebap Wrote: No, we do not offer a thumbs down button for disliking posts.

In cases like that you may hit reply and explain reasons why you have a different opinion. That would further the discussion.

Where is the fun with that?  :s
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  reputation + like system metulburr 25 17,926 Oct-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Last Post: metulburr