Python Forum
Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"?
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"?
Question 
How does the users reputation work and is it active? Also, is there a way to "vote" for a particular reply?

While I'm asking questions :) , do you really want us regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"?

Doing a great job admins and mods- I'd add to your reputation, but I don't know how :D :D
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
And what about warning level? How do I jack my warning level up? :P
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
There is a rate button at the bottom left of each post to add or take away reputation for a particular reply.
You can also go to a persons profile and view there reputation or rate them not based on any particular post.
Quote:do you really want us regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"?

I believe "regular users" could create polls in the old forum if i am not mistaken. And if people start abusing them constantly, im sure we would remove it. 

Quote:How does the users reputation work and is it active?

You will see a thumbs up button. This will allow you to add/remove rep from a user. The idea is that just because a user has a lot of posts does not make them more educated in the matter. And vice versa. Where rep is given to them by other users based on the content of their posts.
Recommended Tutorials:
Thanks, I see it now...dooh :angel:
OK, I'm a bit confused (which is normal), but are we able to 'like' an individual reply or does clicking the "Rate" button still just add to a users reputation? I'm asking, because I've seen certain reply's that have a thumbs up emote and something like user x likes this reply.
(Oct-02-2016, 08:56 PM)sparkz_alot Wrote: OK, I'm a bit confused (which is normal), but are we able to 'like' an individual reply or does clicking the "Rate" button still just add to a users reputation? I'm asking, because I've seen certain reply's that have a thumbs up emote and something like user x likes this reply.

Yes i added the like system after a few people seem to desire it. Its much like facebook's like system. It has no effect on your profile other than number of likes, etc. So for example you can like a post and not have to post a new reply that says +1 ,etc. All that does is effect that post. So people will see that you like that post. 

Reputation is the quality of posts a user posts. The rep button adds to the persons reputation. So if a person often gives good advice you can add rep to them to let other know (hey this guy knows what he talking about). If the guy is cruel or bad advice, then the opposite, etc.
Recommended Tutorials:
I see the button to rate a user but where is the one which takes reputation?
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Rate == rep
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-03-2016, 08:47 AM)wavic Wrote: I see the button to rate a user but where is the one which takes reputation?

Speaking of that, how can one like a post? I can only see the option to Rate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  reputation + like system metulburr 25 17,712 Oct-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Last Post: metulburr