Python Forum
Word Wrap Feature For Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word Wrap Feature For Python Forum
Am I missing some special setting or Word Wrap is not yet a feature for the posts displayed in this forum ?
A.D.Tejpal
What do you mean that WordpWrap is not yet a feature? You can write log text and it wrap as per window width
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Oct-04-2019, 03:17 PM)buran Wrote: What do you mean that WordpWrap is not yet a feature?

At present, it is found necessary to use horizontal scroll bar to view posts on this forum (when length of line exceeds window display width).

Could you kindly suggest a remedy?
A.D.Tejpal
(Oct-05-2019, 03:39 AM)adt Wrote: At present, it is found necessary to use horizontal scroll bar to view posts on this forum (when length of line exceeds window display width).
not in my case. And it's not that I have some special settings on...
what browser do you use? Maybe post a screenshot
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Oct-05-2019, 06:33 AM)buran Wrote: Maybe post a screenshot

I am using Google Chrome. Screenshot is placed below (Similar experience with other browsers e.g. firefox, opera, IE, Avast).:
[Image: open?id=1k9goVzl52cDefRUIXtfgxwOm7N_vUOZB]
A.D.Tejpal
Sorry, but this is when browser window is resize under certain size (in my case this happens when browser window is less than 1/2 of the whole screen width more or less). Note that it is horizontal scroll of the browser, not the forum widget
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Oct-05-2019, 08:23 AM)buran Wrote: I guess the main part (where posts are) has some minimum size, under which you see horizontal scroll

It seems the phenomenon is also related to the fact that I use larger zoom setting for convenient visibility.

On zooming out sufficiently, the problem gets resolved (Horizontal scroll bar disappears).

However, I might have to continue putting up with it as I need the larger sized display.

Thanks for your kind input.
A.D.Tejpal
You may try to toggle Reader View (at least on FF, probably also on other browsers) when browse a thread and increase font size. Not so nice as standard view, but you may find it covininet for reading. for answers you will need to toggle back the standard view
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Oct-05-2019, 06:33 AM)buran Wrote:
(Oct-05-2019, 03:39 AM)adt Wrote: At present, it is found necessary to use horizontal scroll bar to view posts on this forum (when length of line exceeds window display width).
not in my case. And it's not that I have some special settings on... what browser do you use? Maybe post a screenshot
I have the same issue. However it is only because the specific size of my monitor and the width of half of it. When i snap python-forum.io window to half my monitor, a portion of text is cut-off on the right (actually 2 characters in my case). And this is defaulted zoom level. I just got into the habit of either scrolling it centered horizontally if snapped to the side, or full window'ing it when im reading a lot on the forum. When i use other monitors i dont have the same issue. So I think it a fluke chance that I have a certain sized monitor that half snapped windows are too short for MyBB default forcing it to scroll.

However, in the same situation facebook does the same thing. But facebook does not utilize all the real estate (width-wise). Whereas this forum is using the width a lot.

Also i have had issues on other websites. Like our server site, when logging into, the login button is completely gone if i am half snapped. I have to full size it to even click the login button.
Recommended Tutorials:
The mybb software has a minimum width for wordwrap. If wordwrap was not a feature of the forum the text would not adjust to the window size when adjusted. It is solely based on the size of your monitor and the width of your snap feature to half-monitor size.

Full size on my monitor

snapped to half size of my monitor

snapped to half size + extending window on my monitor

Each monitor size is going to have a different widths. And with that half window snap feature has different widths. Instead of shrinking the text with smaller monitors, the MyBB software adds a side scroll bar.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  python-forum dot-org? treykeown 3 98,198 Jun-17-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  python-forum.io compared to reddit/Stackoverflow SpongeB0B 4 8,741 Feb-21-2021, 10:55 AM
Last Post: SpongeB0B
  Other English forum on python website stullis 4 9,150 Feb-22-2020, 03:40 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  [split] how can i join to your chat channel(#python-forum) in irc.freenode? masoud_da 2 2,740 Jun-18-2019, 11:41 AM
Last Post: masoud_da
  When I click on python forum. I get this. Windspar 11 5,574 Jun-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  python-forum source language hbknjr 13 172,340 Sep-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Last Post: hbknjr
  python-forum dot com ichabod801 2 3,955 Sep-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  [Solved] "Sponsored by python-forum.io" micseydel 20 15,042 Nov-11-2016, 01:36 AM
Last Post: Mekire
  Does the forum need a forum category ? Yoriz 4 6,289 Sep-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap