Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RoboBrowser error
This code should go to the mp3 converter page and fill in the form with "just an example". It shows an error, which I don't know how to fix. I tried looking it up but didn't find anything. I would appreciate any kind of help very much. Thanks in advance!

from robobrowser import RoboBrowser

br = RoboBrowser()
br.open("https://ytmp3.cc/")
form = br.get_form()
form['input'] = 'just an example'
br.submit_form(form)
I tried doing the instructions what the error message said, but I don't know how to that exactly. Here is the line in which the error is caused and in which I probably need to pass the additional argument...

def parsed(self):
        """Lazily parse response content, using HTML parser specified by the
        browser.
        """
        return BeautifulSoup(
            self.response.content,
            features=self.browser.parser
        )
Error:
C:\Users\Valdis\PycharmProjects\automated\venv\lib\site-packages\robobrowser\browser.py:40: UserWarning: No parser was explicitly specified, so I'm using the best available HTML parser for this system ("html.parser"). This usually isn't a problem, but if you run this code on another system, or in a different virtual environment, it may use a different parser and behave differently. The code that caused this warning is on line 40 of the file C:\Users\Valdis\PycharmProjects\automated\venv\lib\site-packages\robobrowser\browser.py. To get rid of this warning, pass the additional argument 'features="html.parser"' to the BeautifulSoup constructor. features=self.browser.parser Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Users/Vald/PycharmProjects/automated/youtube.py", line 7, in <module> form['input'] = 'just an example' File "C:\Users\Vald\PycharmProjects\automated\venv\lib\site-packages\robobrowser\forms\form.py", line 216, in __setitem__ self.fields[key].value = value File "C:\Users\Vald\PycharmProjects\automated\venv\lib\site-packages\werkzeug\datastructures.py", line 794, in __getitem__ raise exceptions.BadRequestKeyError(key) werkzeug.exceptions.BadRequestKeyError: 400 Bad Request: The browser (or proxy) sent a request that this server could not understand.
It seems that you need to access form elements with their name attributes, you can see this if you print out your 'form' var:
Output:
<RoboForm video=>
and then change the value of this element with:
form['video'].value = 'just an example'
I would suggest to use requests library or mechanize (or selenium if your stuck on javascript). RoboBrowser seems to have stalled development. The last update was 4 years ago and the whole project last one year total. It seems more like a college student project that he moved on. There is also more help for those libraries as they are more well known. I havent even heard about robobrowser until this thread. They are also more well developed and more features.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  robobrowser, answer authentication-challenge after login shiny 0 4,543 Oct-26-2017, 06:48 AM
Last Post: shiny