Python Forum
Screen Shots with mouse cursor
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen Shots with mouse cursor
Hi,

I am currently using MSS module to get screenshots of monitor and create a video using them. But MSS or PIL or pyscreenshot libraries do not capture mouse cursor as part of screenshot because it's in different layer.

Is there any module which can help me get screenshots with mouse cursor in the image?

Thanks,
Anurag Kumar
I think there might be something here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pynput
Hi Larz60,

I think you got me wrong. I want a module which can take screenshot of my desktop screen including mouse cursor. If you take screenshot of your monitor in windows (using print screen button from keyboard), you can see the mouse cursor in the image as well. But the screenshots taken by MSS/PIL etc modules do have have mouse cursor in image.

So, can someone suggest any python library which takes screenshot including mouse cursor?

Thanks,
Anurag
OK, now I understand,
I don't know of anything specific, but with the package I posted, you could get the x, y position of the cursor and redraw it.
Or, search msdn for windows dll that captures screen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tkinter] Take the variable of a cursor class delcencen 2 1,150 Feb-13-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: deanhystad
  [Tkinter] Finding out what's under the cursor sabresong 3 2,635 Mar-28-2020, 02:52 PM
Last Post: sabresong
  [Tkinter] Modifications on cursor Zyxcel314 3 2,973 Jun-04-2018, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  [Tkinter] Problem of cursor force_tranquille 0 2,107 May-07-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: force_tranquille
  [Tkinter] Scroll at cursor position lollo 4 6,205 Jan-31-2018, 11:33 PM
Last Post: lollo