Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for /simple/py
Sometimes simplicity is ambiguous...

I'm installing a dependency module, which has a subsequent dependency noted as '/simple/py'.

Output:
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x04835CF0>, 'Connection to pypi.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)')': /simple/py/
When I look on Pypi and search on just 'py' I get a bunch of returns but nothing definitive to what this install is asking for. Thus far I have installed Py_1-1.1.1 and py2py-0.2.0, niether of which is the installer looking for.

I don't want to install every variation of my search results to determine the correct py to install.

The module for which this dependency exists is pytest. Can anyone point me to the correct module to install this py dependency?

Undecided Undecided Undecided

I just ran across a great tool for digging into dependencies at https://www.thrum.engineering/python-mod...ency-trees .

I don't have anywhere to post an image or I would show you but this is really nice!

Downside is that their tree stops short of telling me what actual module to download to fulfill this dependency.

I found it! The discription noted above by the tool gave me the necessary clues to which module in the return list was needed. Therefore the answer is "py-1.8.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl"
Through a cloudy window,
Kip...

“Progress means getting nearer to the place you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turn, then to go forward does not get you any nearer.
If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.” ― C.S. Lewis