Python Forum
Sending an email with attachment without using SMTP?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending an email with attachment without using SMTP?
Hello,

I am making an application that generates PDF reports. But my application is on the Raspberry Pi, so the clients need an option that will allow them to send these reports via emails.

I can use smtplib but the problem is that my hosting provider restricts emails to 25 emails per 5 minutes.

If my application is being used by a lot of people to generate reports (which will most likely be the case) I will run out of that max limit.

How can I bypass this?
Bump?
What have you tried? And why did you write bump? (just asking)
pyzyx3qwerty
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela
Need help on the forum? Visit help @ python forum
For learning more and more about python, visit Python docs
Perhaps you need to consider some mail sending service, which you may have to pay for if the amount you want to send is quite high. Gmail has an HTTP API, but I don't know what their limits are like. Other services providing HTTP APIs include SendGrid and Mailgun.
ndc85430 I think gave the most important details, but I wanted to say little bit more...

You can send emails with Python without using that limiting service. That said, in my experience at work, you can probably get away with running your own server if you're tolerant to potentially be flagged as spam, and re-training the mailboxes by manually marking them as non-spam (the people receiving your emails need to do this). Otherwise, yeah, you'll want a reputable service like one already mentioned on this thread.
(May-03-2020, 07:35 PM)ndc85430 Wrote: Perhaps you need to consider some mail sending service, which you may have to pay for if the amount you want to send is quite high. Gmail has an HTTP API, but I don't know what their limits are like. Other services providing HTTP APIs include SendGrid and Mailgun.

(May-04-2020, 11:33 PM)micseydel Wrote: ndc85430 I think gave the most important details, but I wanted to say little bit more...

You can send emails with Python without using that limiting service. That said, in my experience at work, you can probably get away with running your own server if you're tolerant to potentially be flagged as spam, and re-training the mailboxes by manually marking them as non-spam (the people receiving your emails need to do this). Otherwise, yeah, you'll want a reputable service like one already mentioned on this thread.

Thank you guys, this was exactly what I was looking for.
I don't want to risk get my office emails blocked.

So I will use some other service like the ones ndc85430 mentioned.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to download TLS Report attachment blason16 6 408 Feb-26-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Pedroski55
  Extract PDF Attachment from Gmail jstaffon 0 523 Sep-10-2023, 01:55 PM
Last Post: jstaffon
  Send email with smtp without using Mimetext mgallotti 0 667 Feb-01-2023, 04:43 AM
Last Post: mgallotti
  I get attachment paperclip on email without any attachments monika_v 5 1,875 Mar-19-2022, 10:20 PM
Last Post: cosmarchy
  Trying to determine attachment file type before saving off.. cubangt 1 2,067 Feb-23-2022, 07:45 PM
Last Post: cubangt
  Help Needed | Read Outlook email Recursively & download attachment Vinci141 1 3,989 Jan-07-2022, 07:38 PM
Last Post: cubangt
  Clicking Every Page and Attachment on Website shoulddt 1 1,686 Jul-09-2021, 01:08 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  send email smtp rwahdan 0 1,748 Jun-19-2021, 01:28 AM
Last Post: rwahdan
  Sending Out Email via Python JoeDainton123 1 4,673 Aug-31-2020, 12:54 AM
Last Post: nilamo
  Including a Variable In the HTML Tags When Sending An Email JoeDainton123 0 1,829 Aug-08-2020, 03:11 AM
Last Post: JoeDainton123