Python Forum
Simple password generator using a module I made myself
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple password generator using a module I made myself
Hello guys this is my first post.
Here's the link to the code: https://github.com/fr4nkl1n-1k3h/Password_Generator
I looked on your code and would say the following:

1) If I typed desired password length, e.g. 2, I would get a password of len 4. This slightly confuses. You need to note somewhere in docs, that program generates passwords longer 4 symbols only.
2) You defined ALPHABET and other auxiliary strings; however, these strings already defined in string module. You could just import them.
3) Program implementation guarantees that the first 4 symbols of a password came from 4 different classes (lowercase, uppercase, numbers, punctuation). However, other symbols are generated randomly: In rc.all you generated 4 symbols from these classes and then chose one of them. This is totally equivalent to choosing one symbol from the entire set of symbols (lowercase+uppercase+nums+puncts).
(Aug-07-2020, 12:33 AM)scidam Wrote: I looked on your code and would say the following:

1) If I typed desired password length, e.g. 2, I would get a password of len 4. This slightly confuses. You need to note somewhere in docs, that program generates passwords longer 4 symbols only.
2) You defined ALPHABET and other auxiliary strings; however, these strings already defined in string module. You could just import them.
3) Program implementation guarantees that the first 4 symbols of a password came from 4 different classes (lowercase, uppercase, numbers, punctuation). However, other symbols are generated randomly: In rc.all you generated 4 symbols from these classes and then chose one of them. This is totally equivalent to choosing one symbol from the entire set of symbols (lowercase+uppercase+nums+puncts).
Thanks alot for your review, I didn't think about those,
I'll start working on those
I've corrected them, once again thanks for the review

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Python Learning]Verifying user name / password in website with simple python code DDE_Server 2 2,145 May-07-2020, 08:25 PM
Last Post: MohammedSohail