Python Forum
[Software Programming] Texture Gen Library, which lib ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Software Programming] Texture Gen Library, which lib ?
Hey Software Developers...

Which python library is the best for programming as example an texture generator or
3d software where you can generate textures like bricks, checker, patterns, textiel,
wood, gloves, stones, etc, incl. making possible to create settings for colours,
structures, form, etc ?....

Get you any idea, which python library the best works for create texture generation
software (they must be combinated with pyOpenGL...) ?....

Thanks for Tips, Jamie.
What's your goal?  Textures are normally generated ahead of time, so combining it with opengl for any reason means you have something pretty particular in mind.
(Sep-28-2017, 08:52 PM)nilamo Wrote: What's your goal?  Textures are normally generated ahead of time, so combining it with opengl for any reason means you have something pretty particular in mind.

My Goal ?!...

If i get python learned and i know how to program software in python, than maby i have plans
to create an 3D Engine (pyOpenGL Based) for virtual reality and 3d visualation. My plans for
my 3D Engine is to build-in features like this:

Some Planned Features for my 3D VR Engine:
- 3D Modelling and Architecture
- Generate Procedural Materials, Sounds and Textures (Procedural Textures + Image Texture Loading)
- Real Time Testing with Virtual Reality
- Import/Export Models, incl. (Procedural) Texture Export
- Load AVI-Files and Images on Models
- Voice Recognizing and Microphone
- (Procedural) Headphone Sound
- Physics like as example Cloth, RigidBody and SoftBody (Cloth)
- In-Building Game Engine for In-Scene Game Simulations and 2D/3D Games

3D Modelling Features are means for create architecture, humanics, etc... But i have plans to build
an procedural texture generator (textures, materials and sounds are procedural or from loading source)...
For virtual reality, maby i can use an oculus rift to use in python with the pyOVR Lib... But With
my feature for procedural textures, i want it combinate with pyOpenGL to create this feature for models
they can get procedural materials (+ procedural textures they are generated into my 3D VR Engine itself,
no image loading - and/or loading textures from images (images itself are loading, not generated))

My Goal is just to build-in an texture generator for generate textures when it is on an pyOpenGL-
Primitive Model (Verticus) use Vector Procedural Textures with UV Mapping for they procedural textures.

But the procedural textures must be possible to generate them into my 3D VR Engine itself, on
3d Primitive Models (pyOpenGL based vertex-based models), incl. the materials and procedural
sounds...

But back to the procedural textures... this is the reasion about i want find an python lib for
procedural textures. But my plan to create my engine are planned for later, first i want to learn
python so i can develop my engine...

Thanks for Help to find an Procedural Texture Lib, they works also with pyOpenGL...
Greats Jamie...
A texture is just an image.  Here's a link to someone who wrote a procedural image generator using a base image: http://www.gearheadrpg.com/2016/11/08/pr...eneration/

Pillow could help with analyzing/generating images: https://python-pillow.org/
(Sep-29-2017, 02:33 PM)nilamo Wrote: A texture is just an image.  Here's a link to someone who wrote a procedural image generator using a base image: http://www.gearheadrpg.com/2016/11/08/pr...eneration/

Pillow could help with analyzing/generating images: https://python-pillow.org/

OK, thanks for our tip... Sorry about this difficult question.
Greats Jamie...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [3D Software Programming] What are the best modules for ? JamieVanCadsand 2 2,830 Sep-26-2017, 07:47 AM
Last Post: j.crater