Python Forum
Sorry, but you can only perform one search every 30 seconds
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry, but you can only perform one search every 30 seconds
for real searches, ok, but this should be shorter for links implemented as a search such as My Discussions and Today's Posts.  even better would be to allow doing any 3 before the time limits kick in. what if everything on the board was implemented as a search?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I wonder if the search limits could be removed once you have >5 posts...
I can't see an option in configuration for either of those possibilities, but there is probably a plugin that does something like that (or one can be made).
I do think 30 seconds is ridiculously high, but I wouldn't want to decide on changing it on my own...
there was a setting for that somewhere. It was called search flood time. Ill take a look where.

I think the idea for that was to limit bot posting before being caught, prevent DDos attacks, and save server bandwidth.

EDIT:
found it.
Switched to 10 seconds
BYW, 30 sec was the default

If i cant find something in configuration or what category its in. There is a link in the top right "Show all settings" and then i just use my browser search to search for keywords.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Nov-30-2016, 06:42 AM)metulburr Wrote: If i cant find something in configuration or what category its in. There is a link in the top right "Show all settings" and then i just use my browser search to search for keywords.
That sounds like it will be useful, thanks.
maybe there is a way to make things like Today's Posts and the others differently. people might click on one, find nothing of interest an and click on another, to be disappointed that so much is implemented as searches.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
you are the only one that has ever said anything in 2 months.

all the user links are just specific searches. There isnt really an easy way to say allow this search defined but not this one. Well, not unless i get greatly immersed into PHP and MyBB structure. 

Quote:I wonder if the search limits could be removed once you have >5 posts...
this would be more ideal. However each plugin handles the search criteria. Each one is differently coded. And i have been trying to understand the unanswered posts plugin for awhile to try to modify it to only list X data.

The more simple option is to just decrease the block more....
I could decrease it to 1-3 seconds, but i would I would like to hear of other admins/mods opinions first.

EDIT:
Actually i see a plugin that i could try for this specific case. Let me try that.
Recommended Tutorials:
im heading out again, dont have time to do it now and test it/ etc.....but this is the core edit needed to allow usergroups 3,4, and 6 off the restriction of flood time. I just have to search out the real usergrou ID's and test it later when i have time.

dragonexpert Wrote:You can edit this line: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur....php#L1601.
$floodignore = array(3,4,6);
if($mybb->settings['searchfloodtime'] > 0 && !in_array($mybb->user['usergroup'], $floodignore))
Would need to do this same thing on this line to: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur....php#L1470
Recommended Tutorials:
i originally encountered this issue on another forum, a long while ago.  it's not that important if it took me 2 months to say anything Shifty

too bad we don't have forum software this well done in python so you wouldn't have to get your fingers stained with php.
if i had developed forum software like this, i would have made an options dictionary so that unique options can be added to function calls, so that the feature to check for search flooding can have its context changed when a search is done internally for another purpose like this, so it comes out as "you can't check for today's post more often than once every 18 seconds ..."

but i think a lot more software maturity would have happened earlier if the development had originally started in python Pray 

but here we are, today.  it's not an important thing.  if it ever happens to be easy, at least i have communicated the concept.