Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support for emojis
Strange behavior with emojis... As long as I am in the post preview, they display correctly, but when I post, they are replaced with a question mark... Ill-placed paranoia with character codes?

Plain text:
print('?')

Icode:
print('?')

Output
Output:
print('?')
Python:
print('?')
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
smilies should not occur with something like print('?'), i dont see any emoji in preview, post, or the editor box from that. Which one are you trying to do?

The code for smilies are **SMILIE**, and you can get a list of them and their codes from the advanced editor, left hand side, and select [get more]

Smile

Take a screenshot of what  you are getting
Recommended Tutorials:
I see all 4 examples show the same exact text. Whatever the issue, it seems to be your machine only. Does it happen for you on other machines as well?
I enter this:

[Image: k2dELbn.png]

Hitting "Preview" shows this (so far so good):

[Image: EapYNo4.png]

But when a commit the post I get this:

[Image: zrmxIqc.png]
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
what are those pie things? I would assume that since its not  utf-8 that it gets converted

Recommended Tutorials:
Poop emoji attempt: ?
(Mar-13-2017, 06:22 PM)metulburr Wrote: what are those pie things? I would assume that since its not  utf-8 that it gets converted
Don't confuse UTF-8 and the first plane of Unicode. UTF-8 can encode all of Unicode (up to 2^21 codes). Of course, emojis are encoded in 4 bytes, which could be new to some software (but UTF-8 was initially designed to support 6-byte sequences).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I get rid of the twitchy emojis? CynthiaMoore 2 6,197 Apr-22-2020, 03:08 PM
Last Post: CynthiaMoore