Python Forum
Syntax Highlighter Codebox Issues
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syntax Highlighter Codebox Issues
Its a minor issue, especially since if you copy it, you get the underscore anyways. I would worry more about other issues instead.
Recommended Tutorials:
Quote:I would worry more about other issues instead.

Not sure what they are :blush:
I think some issues can appear when posting a single line of code.
This is info that can be given.

I have looked trough my code on forum more closely,
i can not find 1 error regarding Syntax Highlighter.
I listed them on the first post
Recommended Tutorials:
Here is another example of not being able to compress the code to X line of height.
Its not their fault though, there is no code tag that allows this since we removed "code" tags. 
http://python-forum.io/Thread-Learning-L...91#pid1591

We can tell each user to add spoiler tags, and or use a different box, or even edit it ourselves, etc. But then new people will come in and do the same thing and will have to repeat the process over and over again. At least with the default code box, it shrunk the code to a readable size. 

Im just saying that i think we should add the default code box, and if users want to add syntax sugar, they can use the syntax code highlight box. Or else we are going to be editing posts alot.
Recommended Tutorials:
Quote:
  • No select all option
  • no restriction on length down
  • copy and paste from codebox to advanced editor does not work correctly, but copy and paste from codebox to quick editor does (if you test it you'll see what i mean)
  • Sometimes copying from HTML to codebox can add extra things (such as newlines, or switch a link to an <a> tag within the code box
  • hide underscores from within the code box, if it is at the bottom of the box, or a single line

No select all option --> Double Click on code.

no restriction on length down --> We add spoiler tag in the rare cases when code is really long.
No that i have removed Vertical scrollbar do most understand that scrollbar in browser is only option.

copy and paste from codebox to advanced editor does not work correctly,
but copy and paste from codebox to quick editor does (if you test it you'll see what i mean)
 --> I have not problem with this. 

Sometimes copying from HTML to codebox can add extra things (such as newlines, or switch a link to an <a> tag within the code box
--> This seems to happens sometime when a single line of code is posted.
Dos not have always have to use Syntax Highlighter for a single line of code or command.
(Oct-05-2016, 04:25 PM)metulburr Wrote: Here is another example of not being able to compress the code to X line of height.
Its not their fault though, there is no code tag that allows this since we removed "code" tags. 
http://python-forum.io/Thread-Learning-L...91#pid1591
Yeah have fixed,
not to complain on user but is not normal to show a 300 line output.
(Oct-05-2016, 04:40 PM)snippsat Wrote: No select all option --> Double Click on code.
Nice. I didnt realize this at all

(Oct-05-2016, 04:40 PM)snippsat Wrote: no restriction on length down --> We add spoiler tag in the rare cases when code is really long.
No that i have removed Vertical scrollbar do most understand that scrollbar in browser is only option.
These rare cases seem to be quite often. More often with new users that expect the syntax code box to work as "normal" code boxes.
(Oct-05-2016, 04:40 PM)snippsat Wrote: copy and paste from codebox to advanced editor does not work correctly,
but copy and paste from codebox to quick editor does (if you test it you'll see what i mean)
 --> I have not problem with this. 
Really? If i copy code via mouse, and paste in quick editor, it puts it as plain text (like you would expect), but if i paste it in the advanced editor, it puts each word of the code in between code tags...which in the end results in <span> tags inside the code box if you were to post it like that. 
(Oct-05-2016, 04:40 PM)snippsat Wrote: Sometimes copying from HTML to codebox can add extra things (such as newlines, or switch a link to an <a> tag within the code box
--> This seems to happens sometime when a single line of code is posted.
A lot of people copy and paste code from the net, especially new users. Its unusual to copy code from the net and forced to paste in an editor before pasting in the mybb editor. That seems like asking quite a lot to copy code from the net. 

(Oct-05-2016, 04:40 PM)snippsat Wrote: Dos not have always have to use Syntax Highlighter for a single line of code or command.
quite true
Recommended Tutorials:
MYBB catches indentations whereas the old forum squished it together. I guess this makes a codebox "less" required than it did before?
for example the regular text is formatted as i wrote, but shows as its expected (unlike the old forum)

for i in range(10):
    for j in range(10):
        for k in range(10):
            for p in range(10):
                pass

:huh:
Recommended Tutorials:
Skaperen Wrote:i don't understand. in that post i was embedding two lines of code to show an example of a very simple case of using a single character variable. but when i did a preview there was an empty line inserted. so, i edited that empty line out and did another preview and it came back. i added the comment about it and removed the extra line again and posted it. it came back during the posting.
I edit that same post and removed the empty line, and it stayed gone.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  codebox usage help doc metulburr 0 1,656 Oct-31-2020, 12:12 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  single/double quote escapes codebox highlighter metulburr 3 3,500 Aug-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  codebox borders metulburr 15 15,848 Nov-24-2016, 04:04 AM
Last Post: snippsat
  URL not showing properly in comments of codebox Larz60+ 4 5,516 Nov-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  More codebox issues Mekire 26 19,602 Oct-13-2016, 05:20 PM
Last Post: wavic