Python Forum
handy network analysts tools
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
handy network analysts tools
With all the wealth of code floating around I was a bit surprised that I haven't been able to find an assortment of python based network tools. It may be because if you do a web search, everyone and his brother is hawking their tool and there are some really solid open source projects like 'wireshark' that can be just downloaded and used.

I'd like to find some python based tools to measure flow, latency, and trace.

Anyone know of some? Rolleyes
Through a cloudy window,
Kip...

“Progress means getting nearer to the place you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turn, then to go forward does not get you any nearer.
If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.” ― C.S. Lewis
search pypi.org:

network: 8,089 projects for "network"
"network flow": 16 results
"network latency": 36 results
"network trace": 5 results
Hey Larz60+,
I hadn't really considered looking at pypi. Thanks.

That is a better route than an already coded solution anyhow, because I'm looking for some specific metrics to monitor.

Wall Wall Wall
Through a cloudy window,
Kip...

“Progress means getting nearer to the place you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turn, then to go forward does not get you any nearer.
If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.” ― C.S. Lewis

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tools for black box and glass box (white box) testing Emekadavid 3 46,377 Jun-25-2020, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Emekadavid
  PIP Installation problem with VS Build tools Hanneth 1 1,897 Mar-26-2020, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  PDF tools Skaperen 4 5,074 Jan-29-2017, 06:32 AM
Last Post: Skaperen