Python Forum
TCG Pack Generator Program
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TCG Pack Generator Program
Hello! First post here, as I have pretty much zero experience with Python. My name's Brooke.

I came here because I have a job request!
So, I've made this little paleontology-themed TCG called "The Past Happened" that's recently attracted the attention of a fossil museum for a deal to have my card packs sold in their gift shop.
About a year ago, I hired a friend to make a Python program for me that randomly picks an assortment of 12 cards from the entire pool of cards, with varying rarity levels, and one run of that is one individual card pack.
It worked great then, and I still have the program, but the game went through a total overhaul with help from somebody else ~8 months ago.
Now, the program needs a bit of an update, and I'm just an artist who can't do it herself, so I figured I'd come here.
I could just go to that same friend but I kinda had a falling out with him and don't want to be rude asking him to do a job for me really.
I've been just hand-picking cards for the packs that I've distributed otherwise, but I need to step up the process if this is now going in an actual museum.
Sorry about needing a lot of guidance, and I can provide more specific details about the program for anyone who asks, but possibilities/a starting point? It seems to me like the program just needs a bit of touching up, and there are large lists of card names which I can definitely just punch in myself give me a few hours. I really am kinda stumbling around in the dark here
I'm not sure what a quote for this would look like, my friend charged $70 for the original if I remember right.
Thanks much!
Hi Brook,

PM Sent!

Regards,
Norman F.
Hi ,
I am a experienced developer and would be able to help you out on this....
You can reach me on [email protected]
Best Wishes,
Andrew