Python Forum
TCP Socketprogramming ( basics questions)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TCP Socketprogramming ( basics questions)
Hi Everyone,

I am from Networking back ground,I have some conceptual questions about TCP Socket.

Let say we have two machines SERVER and Client

Client will send some data via TCP SOCKET to Server.

I have seen where Client can use TCP socket where it instructs the Socket to Send particular amount of bytes from the Buffer in SEND function.
But I have also seen where TCP uses particular MSS, my question is :

What eventually decides the maximum segment size that TCP socket can send is it configured/negotiated MSS or number of bytes specified in SEND function?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!!
Between your two posts (other) and username, and the fact that your post doesn't mention Python or code, you look like a spammer who copy-pasted some things from somewhere. We get a lot of posts like this where there's an attempt later to edit the post with SEO spam.

Could you please connect this with Python?
I do not know why are you thinking I am a spammer.Please if you can not answer the question,please disregard my post.
I suspect you're a spammer because you fit the pattern of spammers. You say you're from a networking background, and then ask a low-level networking question in a Python forum. Your first post to this forum was off-topic. (The same post from a regular would be a different story.) And as I mentioned, your username is suspect. To elaborate on this, Googling it yields a company, and we get lots of companies trying to spam.
First of all it is not a totally networking related question,show me any well known industry certs such as CCIE ( R/S), or JNCIE( Enterprise) which cover my question that you, in your infinite " WISDOM" think is very basic but unable to answer it.

Right now, I am dealing with UDP application that generate 16000 byte long UDP segment and nobody seems
to know how we can write application that will generate max 1472 UDP segment.
That is the reason I asked a very "low level Networking Question"

As for my name,I have been using this name for the last 15 years .I think we are beating a dead horse here.
No response is required ,please do not waste your time or my time with this frivolous discussion that seems never ending.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scapy Basics Shivi 0 904 Sep-25-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Shivi