Python Forum
The best Programming books?
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The best Programming books?
Machine Learning is written by whom?

Also, if anyone has any source/book on algorithms to recommend I'm open.
(Mar-09-2019, 11:30 PM)Truman Wrote: Also, if anyone has any source/book on algorithms to recommend I'm open.

I just took the classic Introduction to Algoritms (Cormen and others). It's all in pseudocode, I just converted it all to Python.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
Good idea with converting it...
I see that Cormen published a 3rd edition.
I had a friend who learned to write websites and PHP just looking at the code and trying it to see which part what is doing. Back in the days, there was no book about web development or programming in my country. A book? Yes but just to start with the concepts. Practising is everything.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
You friend must had been a very smart guy. Not everyone can do it.
(Aug-06-2019, 09:53 PM)Truman Wrote: You friend must had been a very smart guy. Not everyone can do it.

It is, indeed.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
The two classic books on test-driven development: Beck's "Test Driven Development: By Example" and Pryce and Freeman's "Growing Object-Oriented Software Guided by Tests" are my favourites.

I need to read Fowler's "Refactoring", though sadly I'd bought the first edition before the second came out!
And then there is Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Very good on debugging.
Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs by Harold Abelson and Gerald Jay Sussman with Julie Sussman - I read this book, it's very good!