Python Forum
Thread remains in New Posts after complete read
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread remains in New Posts after complete read
It's not a problem, just a curiosity
(Apr-24-2017, 12:15 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: bold text was gone. (most still work that way),
this post acted as though it had not been visited.

This can happen if the last post has been edited (appending the answer) since you had last visited the thread.
(Apr-24-2017, 07:52 AM)Kebap Wrote: This can happen if the last post has been edited (appending the answer) since you had last visited the thread.
This is done on purpose as to not let an edit get unseen
Recommended Tutorials:
I also noticed for unread threads, if you only see the first page of a 2 page thread, it still marks it as unread until you view the second page
Recommended Tutorials:
It is because "Unread posts" and not "Unread threads" ;)
True. The process made me think of this thread
Recommended Tutorials:
Quote:I also noticed for unread threads, if you only see the first page of a 2 page thread, it still marks it as unread until you view the second page
That seems valid to me.
Well i wasnt sure what you were referring to as you were defining new posts, yet described unread posts
Recommended Tutorials:
I edit my post very often in order to express myself better. My English is far from perfect. Sometimes this is happening 3-4 times.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Quote:Well i wasnt sure what you were referring to as you were defining new posts, yet described unread posts
I was indeed referring to 'New Posts', I only saw the problem a few times, but it remained for the entire session. The

next time I logged in the post was not in the 'New Post' list (correctly). I think your race condition theory was correct.

As I stated earlier, just a curiosity.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odd Behavior with Read Posts ichabod801 7 4,209 Apr-20-2019, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Just Practicing Posting. Test Thread. “Sandbox” Thread. No Reply needed, Thanks Doc_AElstein 4 6,215 Dec-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: micseydel
  posts remain in Unread Posts after read Larz60+ 27 48,523 Jun-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Kebap