Python Forum
Time class with picosecond precision
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time class with picosecond precision
I'm looking for a class that is able to represent the time with the picosecond precision. I found the class numpy.datetime64 that can have this precision but the time span is only 212 days and I need at least 100 years. I could make my own class with a date that represent the year-month-day and an int for the picoseconds but, if available, I prefer to use something already done.
Thanks in advance for the help
curious what you will be using this for.
For a sar data simulator, the satellite orbit file contains dates saved as string with the picoseconds precision
I'd like to preserve this precision inside the class that represents the orbit
wouldn't it be possible to represent the time in years + months + picoseconds to get around the numpy.datetime64 limitation?
Yes, it's a possibility
I'm new to python and I don't know very well the python libraries, I asked because I thought maybe this kind of class already exists somewhere
you can find most libraries here: https://pypi.org/
Most if not all can be installed simply from command line with pip install package name
Please note the order by pull-down top right, if you highlight trending, you can find the most popular packages.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  precision & recall gracenz 1 959 Sep-21-2022, 02:14 AM
Last Post: jefsummers
  F-score, Precision, and Recall values Hani 3 2,458 May-09-2020, 08:16 AM
Last Post: ThomasL
  problem to add precision, recall and f1-score edys 7 4,032 May-28-2019, 04:48 AM
Last Post: heiner55