Python Forum
[Tip] Details of how to quick edit a thread title
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Tip] Details of how to quick edit a thread title
Information 
There is a feature that allows quick edit of thread titles. If you click and hold a title when on a list of threads, you will switch to an input box that allows you to change the thread title. The just click off the input box or hit enter and it will submit it for change. 

If your a mod/admin you can do this to any thread title
If your a regular user, you can do this to your own threads (if its not locked)
Recommended Tutorials:
What kind of "list of threads" should this work on? The Unanswered page didn't work for me.
Thats interesting...i guess you cannot do it on a search result list.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Sep-16-2016, 11:03 PM)metulburr Wrote: There is a feature that allows quick edit of thread titles. If you click and hold a title when on a list of threads, you will switch to an input box that allows you to change the thread title. The just click off the input box or hit enter and it will submit it for change. 

If your a mod/admin you can do this to any thread title
If your a regular user, you can do this to your own threads (if its not locked)

Hi, I see the instruction about Quick Title Edit in Help Documents. Yeah, I'm still reading it and try to understand the rules. But I really don't know the meaning of "click and hold a title when on a list of threads". Sorry, my English is poor. Is there another way to explain this tip?
This can only be done to your own threads in which you have permission to edit the first post. The usual method is to edit the first post, then change the thread title through there. However the faster method is to 1)hover 2) click on and 3) hold the button down overtop of a thread title in the thread listings to switch it to an input box to edit among the thread listing instead.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Sep-08-2017, 11:19 AM)metulburr Wrote: This can only be done to your own threads in which you have permission to edit the first post. The usual method is to edit the first post, then change the thread title through there. However the faster method is to 1)hover 2) click on and 3) hold the button down overtop of a thread title in the thread listings to switch it to an input box to edit among the thread listing instead.

Thanks for your explanation. Now I know when to use it. Maybe when I really have my own threads and need a better title I can have more clear understanding. Anyway, thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to ask Smart Questions (thread title expansion) metulburr 2 4,270 Jan-20-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  Just Practicing Posting. Test Thread. “Sandbox” Thread. No Reply needed, Thanks Doc_AElstein 4 6,192 Dec-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: micseydel