Python Forum
Tips about a cheap mini server?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips about a cheap mini server?
currentry I'm working remotely using OneDrive and TeamViewer. the first one keeps my working life easier, because I can access to my private files wherever I'm and from any computers, but with the free version, I have not enough space for all my scopes (only 5GB). the second one instead, allows me to connect myself on a remote windows PC, on which I can turn on some different virtual machines via VMWare Workstation.

to improve my situation I would very like to buy a mini server with two SATA slot, the first one for an SSD reserved for the OS, and the second one for the storage scopes (I want to use my 8TB hard drive). my ideas is install ESXI and run remotely some virtual machines when I need to use them. one of them should be always active, I haven't decided yet what kind of server to use, but it should be an FTPS server or something like that.

what is the best mini server that I can buy to reach goal? what kind of advices can you give me? did someone already implement something like that?

keep in mind that one of my virtual machine is used for the virtualization of other machines, so 64GB RAM sounds really good, but if it's possibile a machine with more RAM would be better.

my budget can start from 500 to 1000 euro but, if it's possible of course, I would like don't spend so much money.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my cheap chinese clock Skaperen 0 2,704 Nov-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Skaperen