Python Forum
[Tkinter] New to Tkinker And need help URGENTLY!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tkinter] New to Tkinker And need help URGENTLY!
Hey Everyone! Smile
I'm new to tkinter and i really need some help. I want to create an app with tkinter but im confused on 3 things.
1. how would i make the like gui and so it has diffrent sections,
2. how would i make the actual code for it.
3. how could i make it into a gui?
Im new to this forum and its my first post so this would really make my day if someone answerd me :)
You're best to read about tkinter and its widgets and how they are used, there are many sites for reference such as this site.
You should also plan your design before trying to write it so you know what you want, need and its visual layout.

Once you have that completed you can start to write your application to suit your needs.
"Often stumped... But never defeated."
Have a look at these links to get started
https://python-forum.io/Forum-GUI-tutorials
https://python-forum.io/Forum-Fundamentals
I welcome all feedback.
The only dumb question, is one that doesn't get asked.
My Github
How to post code using bbtags

(May-25-2020, 05:19 PM)DT2000 Wrote: You're best to read about tkinter and its widgets and how they are used, there are many sites for reference such as this site.
You should also plan your design before trying to write it so you know what you want, need and its visual layout.

Once you have that completed you can start to write your application to suit your needs.

Thanks! I'm gonna draw it out!
also, i want to make an app, but what should i make? a game? a dictionary?
a note book?
Im really stuck :(
Pick something from this link in the beginner section
https://python-forum.io/Thread-Collectio...challenges
I welcome all feedback.
The only dumb question, is one that doesn't get asked.
My Github
How to post code using bbtags

I can only speak for myself about deciding what type of project to code. When I first began in Python and Tkinter I also needed some insight into what I should attempt to help learn. I found it easier to keep interest by writing something that could be used with one of my many hobbies or within my life style. I chose to write a GUI that kept track of junior hockey teams, players, trades, individual stats, game schedules for the various teams in the division along with coaching information and stats.

Look at what you enjoy and see if there is something that might benefit or whether some other people who also enjoy your hobby might enjoy the final result of your project.

The thread posted by menator01 is also a good place to start if you do not have any ideas and can be used to help with certain aspects of a personal project with hints and help for certain coding methods.

Ultimately it is the coders decision on what to code and why they code it, but we're always around to offer help if or when you run into snags along the way.
"Often stumped... But never defeated."
You said you wanted to make an app? You don't mean mobile app do you? I don't think Tkinter is really meant for mobile, it's more desktop oriented.
(May-26-2020, 06:54 AM)Knight18 Wrote: You said you wanted to make an app? You don't mean mobile app do you? I don't think Tkinter is really meant for mobile, it's more desktop oriented.
No its for desctop :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tkinter] I have a Toplevel button in tkinker that I want to close the window and then perform Bloodypizza17 2 7,721 Jan-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Bloodypizza17