Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade secret?
I'm a middle aged guy who used to program in basic. I have some ambition to develop my own sports sim game so I started in player generation. Now i'm stuck on a line and thinking of posting it in Coding Help. Should I consider player generation a trade secret and what precautions should I take when posting it? Keeping in mind that without some assistance there won't be any trade to keep secret. Am I just paranoid?

Also in general, what would you consider a trade secret? And what would be too sensitive to share?
Quote:Should I consider player generation a trade secret and what precautions should I take when posting it?
Quote:Also in general, what would you consider a trade secret? And what would be too sensitive to share?
The only thing i wouldnt share are passwords, usernames, and emails that are hard coded into a program. If you are asking a question, most of us prefer a few lines to indicate the problem anyways. There wouldnt be any trade secret in a few lines of code.

If that turns out to not be enough code to fix your problem, then the easiest solution would be to get a runnable example of your problem.
Recommended Tutorials:
Thanks, at least I'm paranoid.
That's okay. I'm paranoid too.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
You can also try to reproduce the problem with some arbitrary code. And post that code.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colossus - The Greatest Secret in the History of Computing ThomasL 0 1,853 May-05-2020, 11:41 AM
Last Post: ThomasL
  Is there a "secret" code among coders to not offer any help??? yeto 4 2,924 Jul-17-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Skaperen